Medical Support Staff
Community Action Partnership of Western Nebraska
1 Full time Position in Gering, Nebraska
Starting wage $13.05-$15.26 hour
Position opened until filled
Notice: A complete job application is required for all applicants.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Contact: Human Resource Department
3350 10th Street
Gering, NE 69341
Areas of Responsibilities: Assist Health Center patients from the beginning to the end of their clinical visit, assuring patient satisfaction with emphasis on customer service as well as completion of clinical data entry of all required CAPWN forms. The MSS must also assure electronic medical chart continuity.
- Play an active role in the patient services using the provider led, team–based Patient Centered Medical Home Care Model.
- Work with assigned provider’s and nurse teams to achieve and maintain high level of patient care, by helping patients receive services in an efficient, effective and courteous manner, delivered in the patient’s preferred language and supporting patient care that is “accessible, continuous, comprehensive, evidence-based, family-centered, coordinated, compassionate and culturally effective.”
- Follow clinic procedures and workflows for optimal patient care, which includes but is not limited to, scheduling, rooming, collecting vital signs, A1c’s and blood sugars, patient check out and clinical and clerical data entry in the electronic medical chart.
- Implement procedures for accurate and timely maintenance of patient’s electronic medical chart, which includes but is not limited to reviewing electronic medical chart and noting what forms are needed or need to be updated.
- Answer telephones, create phone message(s) with patients question/issue/concern and forward on to assigned provider and/or nurse team, preparation of charts for patients next day appointment, appointment reminder calls to all patients for next day appointments (to include reminders to bring in medications/list/medical instructions provided by outside providers, as well as copies of insurance information/cards/and/or other instructions asked for from provider/nurse team, etc.).
- Support patient care by providing written materials in the patient’s preferred language, for both internal and community resource information with patients and their families.
- Prepare exam rooms for patients by removing paper from exam tables; wiping down and disinfecting all areas, turn lights off and turn room to vacant.
- Maintain confidentiality of Community Action Partnership of Western Nebraska patient information, medical records and communications per CAPWN policies and procedures.
- Enter patient data into Health Center current electronic medical record system.
- Attend meetings, in-services and training as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Clinic environment 90%, 10% training, meetings, and community interaction.
- Well-lit, temperature-controlled clinical setting, with standard medical and office equipment available.
- Work is frequently stressful and requires meeting tight deadlines.
- Work in a highly volatile program in a state of change with many interruptions and interactions.
- Must be able to work irregular hours.
- The noise level in the work environment is above average.
- Ability to frequently bend, stoop, squat, walk and pull drawers.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate office and medical equipment.
- Must regularly talk, hear and have close vision ability to record and communicate appropriate documents and records.
- Occasionally lifting and carrying up to 30 pounds.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Basic Nursing Assistant certification.
- Knowledge of office procedures and methods including telephone communications, office systems and record keeping, use of computer with at least one year of experience.
- Strong interpersonal and initiative skills.
- Requires proficient level of oral and written communication skills.
- Physically and mentally able to perform duties.
- Prefer Bilingual in Spanish and English
- Meet the minimum qualifications above:
- AA degree in business or related field with one year of experience of office procedures and data entry or three years CSR experience, preferably in a health clinic setting.
- Meet the minimum qualifications above;
- AA degree in business or related field with two years experience in office procedures and data entry or five years CSR experience, preferably in a health clinic setting.
Benefits: Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance, Cafeteria Flex Plans, 401k retirement plan with guaranteed company match, PTO (Paid Time Off).