Clinic Front Desk Receptionist
Community Action Partnership of Western Nebraska
1 Position Available
Must be Bilingual
Work in Gering, Nebraska
Working 7:45- 5:00 with 1 late shift Monday through Friday
Hourly Wage Range: $11.60-$13.57
Position open until filled
Notice: A complete job application is required for all applicants.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Contact: Human Resource Department
3350 10th Street
Gering, NE 69341
Areas of Responsibility: Greet and assist Health Center clients at the beginning of their clinical visit assuring client satisfaction with emphasis on Customer Service as well as completion of data entry of all required CAPWN forms; assure medical chart continuity.
- Play an active role in patient services using the provider led, team-based Patient Centered Medical Home Care Model.
- Support helping patients receive services in an efficient, effective and courteous manner, delivered in the patient’s preferred language and supporting patient care that is “accessible, continuous, comprehensive, evidence-based, family-centered, coordinated, compassionate, and culturally effective.”
- Greet all patients in a professional, welcoming manner.
- Follow clinic procedures for optimal client care, which includes but is not limited to, scheduling; client check-in and checkout; completion of appropriate CAPWN Health Center forms & data entry; calculation and determination of sliding fee scale; calculation and collection of charges; determination of presumptive eligibility for Nebraska Medicaid; complete documentation and notification of patient arrival.
- Implement procedures for accurate and timely maintenance of client’s medical chart, which includes but is not limited to; appropriate filing of client paperwork in chart; check continuity of charts; distribute charts for appropriate provider signatures.
- Support patient care by providing written materials in the patient’s preferred language; offer internal and community resource information to patients and their families; offer patient handbook and CAPWN brochures.
- Maintain confidentiality of CAPWN Health Center client information, medical records and communications per CAPWN Health Center policies and procedures.
- Enter patient data into Health Center software.
- Attend meetings, in-services and training as required.
- Participate in ongoing Performance Measurement Improvement (PMI) activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Public interaction 90%, 10% training, meetings, and community interaction
- Work is frequently stressful and requires ability to meet tight deadlines
- Work is highly volatile, with many interruptions and interactions
- Flexible work hours as needed
- The noise level in the work environment is usually above average
- Ability to bend, stoop, squat, crouch and pull file drawers
- Fine manipulation of hands with repetitive action
- Operate office machines
- Occasional lifting and carrying of up to ten pounds
- Must regularly talk, hear and have close vision ability
- High School diploma or GED.
- Knowledge of office procedures and methods including telephone communications, office systems and record keeping, use of computer with at least one year of experience.
- Requires proficient level of oral and written communication skills.
- Data entry speed of 9900 keystrokes per hour (33 wpm).
- Prefers Bilingual in English/Spanish orally and written preferred.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Outlook and other programs such as Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Publisher and Power Point.
- Strong interpersonal and initiative skills.
- Meet minimum qualifications above;
- AA degree in business or related field with one year of experience of office procedures and data entry or three years Customer Service Representative experience, preferably in a health clinic setting.
- Meet minimum qualifications above;
- AA degree in business or related field with two years experience in office procedures and data entry or five years Customer Service Representative experience; preferably in a health clinic setting.
Benefits: Medical/Vision/Dental/Life Insurance, Cafeteria Flex Plans, 401k retirement plan with guaranteed company match, PTO (Paid Time Off).