Community Action Partnership of Western Nebraska
1 Position Available
Starting wage $19.29-$22.57 hour
Work in Gering, Nebraska
Negotiable Starting Date
Full time position 40 – Typically 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Mon – Friday
Position open until filled
Notice: A complete job application is required for all applicants.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Contact: Human Resource Department
3350 10th Street
Gering, NE 69341
Areas of Responsibility: Responsible for assisting the CFO in monitoring the activities of the organization’s fiscal activities, including the maintenance of accounts, financial statements, cash flow, and investments; Provide financial information and statements to internal and external users; Supervise Finance Staff; Help oversee the efficient operations of department systems and programs; Provide guidance and leadership on compliance with the organization’s accounting policies and procedures and GAAP.
- Supervise the work requirements of the staff in the finance office and oversee the general operations of the finance department.
- Monitor and oversee the tasks of the finance department personnel for timeliness, compliance and accuracy.
- Review daily transactions including Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable; oversee general ledger.
- Complete approval and processing for monthly dental insurance claims and premiums payments.
- Complete transfers between bank accounts timely and accurately.
- Provide a daily bank balance of the main bank account to CFO and Executive Director; review bank statements and reconciliations prior to obtaining approval from the CFO; project cash flow.
- Prepare annual audit information
- Participate in monthly meetings with Program Directors and Program Managers to discuss monthly financial reports.
- Monthly review asset and liability accounts to reconcile the balances.
- Assist with the preparation of the indirect costs proposal.
- Prepare audit work papers, financial statements and footnotes.
- Prepare agency budget work papers and update annual budget projections as directed by CFO.
- Oversee the preparation of the 1099’s.
- Oversee Fixed Asset Records; coordinate fixed asset physical inventory for all program directors according to value and schedule.
- Oversee program cost allocation spreadsheet for proper reporting of expenses.
- Design, implement and monitor fiscal internal control systems.
- Perform the necessary duties in the absence of the CFO.
- Assist in the development and update of the finance department policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Supervises: Staff Accountant, Accounting Specialist, Payroll Clerk, Billing Coordinator, and Accounts Payable Clerk and Interns
- General office environment: Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 10% of the time.
- Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
- Work with standard office equipment.
- Normal monthly, quarterly and annual timelines for completion of accounting activity presents average stress for an accounting office.
- Able to attend meeting and training sessions in and out of the area.
- Must be able to work with clients, vendors, and other employees;
- Must regularly talk, hear and have close vision ability;
- Ability to bend, stoop, squat, crouch, push and pull file drawers ;
- Fine manipulation of the hands with repetitive action;
- Operate office machines, printers, computers, adding machines;
- Occasionally lifting and carrying up to 20 pounds
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university and two years relevant experience in accounting.
- Two years’ supervisory experience.
- Training or experience in the non-profit sector helpful.
- Must be bondable with a valid driver’s license, good driving record and insured vehicle.
- Age 21 or above
- Computer knowledge/experience with Microsoft Office programs and accounting software required (MIP Accounting software preferred). Advanced Excel experience required.
- Meet the minimum qualifications above;
- Four years’ experience in accounting.
- Meet the minimum qualifications above;
- Six years’ experience in accounting.
Or specialized training
Benefits: Medical/Vision/Dental/Life Insurance, Cafeteria Flex Plans, 401k retirement plan with guaranteed company match, PTO (Paid Time Off).