Prepare products for sale and assist customers in making purchases from the deli department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure that the customer service 10’rule policy is enforced throughout the department and the store.
- Provide each customer excellent customer service by greeting them, smiling, assisting them while up selling for additional sales and
- Knowledgeable in using deli equipment including slicer, scale, wrapper, cash register, fryer, and rotisserie.
- Familiar with opening/closing duties of the department.
- Fills meat/cheese and floor displays as needed. Prepares salads and other items directed by the supervisor.
- Responsible for good housekeeping and sanitation practices in the department.
- Must be able to use the intercom for suggestive selling.
- Knowledgeable with the cash register and is accountable for over/shorts.
- Helps in bakery and salad bar, as needed.
- Meets productivity standards within the department and in helping customers.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one on-one situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Must be able to run cash register and give correct change.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Panhandle Coop strives to be the employer of choice. We have a saying at Panhandle Coop, "We are always looking for good people who can help us grow and can make a difference for our customers". If you are a contributor looking for a place to make a difference, then we would like to talk with you. Fill out an application, with background check and submit to:
PO Box 2188
Scottsbluff, NE 69361
Or click on “Apply for this job” and copy and paste resume, or contact Human Resources at email@example.com today!
For more information about Scottsbluff and Gering, Nebraska including housing, education, cost of living, daycare, recreation and nearly 200 other jobs in western Nebraska, please see www.wehavejobs.net
Panhandle Cooperative Association