Position: Custom Applicator
Location: All Fertilizer Locations
Reports To: Operations Manager
SUMMARY: Applying fertilizer and/or agriculture chemicals to our customers.
- Operate designated liquid or dry application equipment as needed in safe and efficient manner.
- Work closely with producers and fellow employees to provide outstanding customer service.
- Perform winter maintenance on fertilizer equipment and make needed improvements on all fertilizer facilities.
- Keep files current with maintenance records on all fertilizer application equipment, delivery trucks and pickups.
- Deliver, load and unload liquid and dry fertilizer, chemicals and seed.
- Follow government and safety regulations concerning the handling and sales of fertilizer and agriculture chemicals.
- Assist with ordering and stocking all equipment parts for company use or resale to producers.
- Participates in good housekeeping practices and environmental stewardship on premises.
- Enforce safety, health, and security rules.
- Turn in accurate application reports daily.
- All other duties assigned by operations manager.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to complete the required job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSE, REGISTRATIONS
- Must have valid commercial drivers license with class C and hazmat endorsement.
- Must have valid custom applicator license.
- Must be able to operate custom applicator equipment and forklift.
TECHNOLOGY AND TOOLS
Ability to use advanced mechanical equipment and tools; ability to work with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Knowledge of customer and personal services, mechanical, engineering and technology, administration, and sales and marketing.
Judgment and decision making, instructing, equipment and maintenance, troubleshooting, active learning, critical thinking, reading comprehension, active listening, installation, equipment selection and maintenance, time management.
Work activities performed on the job include operating vehicles, mechanized vehicles, or equipment; getting information; updating and using relevant knowledge; documenting and recording information; repairing and maintaining mechanical equipment; inspecting equipment and materials; making decisions and solving problems; and communicating with supervisors, peers and subordinates.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; talk; occasionally required to walk, sit; use hands to finder, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop or kneel.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and may be exposed to chemical equipment. Safety precautions are required.
Panhandle Coop strives to be the employer of choice. We have a saying at Panhandle Coop that basically says, "There is always room for good people who can help us grow and can make a difference for our customers". If you are a contributor that is looking for a place to "make a difference", then we would like to talk with you. Fill out application, and submit to :
PO Box 2188
Scottsbluff, NE 69361
For more information about Scottsbluff and Gering, Nebraska including housing, education, cost of living, daycare, recreation and nearly 200 other jobs in western Nebraska, please see www.wehavejobs.net
Panhandle Cooperative Association