Mental Health Promotion Specialist
Region 6 Behavioral Healthcare Omaha, NE
The Network Services Department at Region 6 Behavioral Healthcare currently has a part-time position available for a Mental Health Promotion Specialist. The Mental Health Promotion Specialist is responsible for:
- Assisting in the development and facilitation of a suicide attempt survivor support group.
- Providing support in prevention system coordination activities including but not limited to maintaining program work plan and fiscal compliance, coordinating training initiatives, and providing technical assistance activities to community partners.
- Maintaining accurate records for grant-funded projects and coordinating activities necessary to ensure project/program expectations are met.
- Coordinating and implementing regional outreach activities within the Region 6 service area to educate and promote science-based policies, programs and strategies for mental health promotion and suicide prevention.
- Developing collaborative relationships with community organizations and partners, and maintaining partnerships with organizations addressing risk and protective factors aimed at impacting mental health, resiliency and suicide.
The candidate must have a master’s level social work degree and/or current Licensed Mental Health Practitioner (LMHP) license. Strong verbal and written proficiencies of the English language are required and bilingual (Spanish and English) is preferred. In addition, reliable transportation, a valid driver's license, and current auto insurance are needed.
| Date Posted
August 10, 2017
| Date Closes
August 25, 2017
4715 South 132nd Street
| Located In
| Job Type
20 hours per week
| Start Date
| Positions Available
| SOC Category
21-1014.00 Mental Health Counselors
This job offers the following benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Credit Union
- Free Parking
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Sick Leave
- Wellness Program
- Workout Facilities
This job requires the following skills
- Excellent Communications
- Excellent Team Member
- Positive Attitude
- Problem Resolution
- Microsoft Office
This job is related other jobs in these career categories
Course(s) relevant to the skills listed for this position