Job Title: Marketing & Communications Manager
Job Summary: The Marketing & Communications Manager will oversee all communications involving NCHS including the development and implementation of a communications strategy and a broad and diverse range of marketing communications. They will handle crisis communication needs as necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with the Chief Philanthropy Officer and leadership team to develop and implement the overall marketing plan for NCHS.
- Works with staff to develop a marketing and public relations plan for each program and department.
- Serves as editor, assists with the writing, and holds responsibility for distribution of HomeTalk magazine, Annual Report, and annual appeals; evaluates return on investment of all development publications.
- Oversees the development and maintenance of the NCHS website(s) including methods to deliver messages, ease of navigation, and clarity of information; ensures that all content is current and relevant.
- Serves as spokesperson for the organization, at the request of the CEO.
- Oversees the writing and distributing of press releases.
- Oversees media relations responsibilities. Ensures internal and external communications optimally reflect NCHS's brand and maintains organizational integrity.
- Oversees advertising including but not limited to TV, radio, social media, and print mediums.
- Prepares, supervises and approves marketing and advertising budgets in collaboration with Chief Philanthropy Officer.
- Monitors visual identification plan including logo and graphic standards for NCHS.
- Oversees photography and video production responsibilities including required releases.
- Develops, composes, distributes, and implements policies to enhance the efficiency of marketing and public relations and to further develop the building and maintaining of a positive NCHS brand.
- Supervises the Marketing & Communications Specialist.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Chief Philanthropy Officer and Chief Executive Officer.
Supplemental Duties and Responsibilities:
- Abide by all specific program and procedures, policies and requirements.
- Assist with special events and conferences as needed.
- Able to work occasional weekends and evenings.
- Demonstrate respect, appreciation, and sensitivity for diversity.
- Advises the Chief Philanthropy Officer of activities, goals, trends and issues related to job duties and responsibilities.
Minimum education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Degree in Marketing, Public Relations or Communications strongly preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in marketing, public relations, communications, advertising or related field, including supervisory experience.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle many projects simultaneously.
- Understanding and experience in graphic arts, design and publications layout is helpful.
- Computer, word-processing and excel spreadsheet experience required. Experience with desktop publishing (InDesign) and databases are advantageous.
- Organized with attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with executive and leadership team, employees, media, and the larger community.
- Ability to coordinate efforts of various teams in order to present a coherent message.
- Superior ability to write in a style that is customary for business and external publications.
- Sound daily decision-making, organization, teamwork, analysis, and ongoing task prioritization.
- Ability to offer sound media relations advice to senior leadership.
- Possesses driver’s license and personal vehicle insurance.
Schedule demands (travel, adjustments to accommodate clients/vendors, weekends/evenings, etc.):
- Infrequent and short period travel to other NCHS sites across Nebraska and for conferences and meetings.
Site factors (work location, environment, travel, etc.):
- Office environment and/or virtually
- Infrequent travel
Note: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those that will be encountered by a person performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Benefits and Perks of Working at NCHS:
- We observe 9 paid holidays each calendar year
- NCHS offers generous and flexible vacation
- As advocates for mental health, we offer 5 well being days each year
- We understand the importance of family. We are flexible and offer additional paid time for sick, bereavement, or new child leave needs for you and your family.
- Fair and equal pay is important to us.
- NCHS contributes 5% of your salary after one year of employment towards your 401k; full vestment after 5 years.
- Referral bonuses for employees who refer qualified candidates
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- We offer 5 free counseling sessions each year through our Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Career development
How to Apply
Interested candidates should visit https://www.nchs.org/careers, locate this position, and click on "Apply for this Position" beneath the job description to complete the online application form. The application must be completed in full and submitted by the specified closing date for consideration.