Job Title: Douglas County Community Response Community Café Collaborative Associate
Mission: To work across systems and community collaborations to promote child wellbeing, and provide a coordinated prevention system of services
Vision: To inspire and mobilize a community response prevention system where children in Douglas County, Nebraska have a safe, quality family and community environment(s).
Job Classification (Exempt or Non-exempt): Exempt
Reports To: DCCR Chief Administrative Officer oversees the Community Café implementation in DCCR; Nebraska Children’s Home Society oversee contract
Job Summary: The Contractee shall be responsible for the duties necessary to support and continue the growth of the community cafes in Douglas County. Duties typically include internal planning, recruiting, and onboarding volunteers as well as coordinating the administration of the Community Café program. These duties include but are not limited to the: ongoing support of and relationship building with current and future community café parent hosts, recruiting of new parent hosts, managing the arrangements and supplies for all community café meetings, developing and maintaining relationships with community partners, maintaining necessary paperwork and working with other DCCR groups as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Under the direction of the DCCR Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), the Community Café Coordinator (CCC) will coordinate with the agency support staff and parents to plan Community Cafes. Event activities and meetings should be in alignment with the current DCCR Strategic Plan.
2. The CCC will oversee the implementation of the current Strategic Plan activities supported by or assigned with the current plan.
3. In coordination with the CAO, the CCC will plan and facilitate Community Café meetings including event planning and prepare for report outs to the CWCC Progress and Steering Committee.
4. In coordination with committee and work group leaders, the CAO will facilitate and plan meetings, action steps, monitor goals, review and monitor finances, and oversee reporting requirements.
5. In coordination with the CAO, the CCC will develop, implement, and ensure compliance of organizational policies in Community Café implementation and expansion. Organizational recommendations will be submitted to the Steering Committee. HR policies are under the jurisdiction of the Administrative Backbone Agency.
6. In coordination with the appropriate committees, work groups, and critical partners, the CCC will provide grant support, ensure that reporting requirements are met, oversee internal processes related to Community Cafés, family engagement and, provide additional assistance as needed.
7. In coordination with the appropriate committees, work groups, and critical partners, the CCC will provide content for social media, website, subject matter reporting, success stories and promotion of outreach efforts in communications for DCCR including the www.douglascountycr.org website.
8. The CCC may provide day-to-day management of volunteers compensated through the administrative Backbone Agency specifically for the work of Community Cafés including collecting time sheets, submissions for payment, and meeting coordination.
9. Should the DCCR need to find venues for Community Café meetings, training, outreach events, the CCC will procure food, coordinate food, agendas, minutes, reports, take pictures, compile success stories, obtain authorizations and prepare agreements for any dedicated resources, the CCC will obtain necessary authorizations through the CAO.
Qualifications and Requirements:
1. Minimum education and experience:
a. A bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Administration or Human Services, Public Health, or other related field required; Master’s Degree preferred
b. Three to five (3-5) years’ experience in community collaboration, program implementation, and volunteer coordination.
c. Previous collaborative responsibilities with non-profit agencies.
d. Previous experience in child welfare field or behavioral health field.
2. Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
a. Experience working computers, emails, submitting reports, creating charts and fliers.
b. Excellent presentation, verbal, and written communication skills.
c. High level of initiative and energy.
d. Knowledge of community resources, promotive and protective factors, primary prevention, trauma, and evidence-based practices.
e. Must possess hospitality, facilitation, and conflict resolution skills.
f. Contractee shall be responsible for the duties necessary to support and continue the growth of the community cafes in Douglas County.
These duties include but are not limited to the:
g. ongoing support of and relationship building with current and future community café parent hosts, recruiting of new parent hosts, managing the arrangements and supplies for all community café meetings, developing and maintaining relationships with community partners,
h. maintaining necessary paperwork and working with other DCCR groups as needed.
i. Recognize problematic issues, visualize improvements, balance urgency with importance, desire win/win solutions, seek to understand and then be understood, and promote synergistic results.
j. Identify problems and promote innovative solutions.
k. Organize resources and processes.
l. Must respect and maintain confidentiality.
3. Physical demands:
a. Must be able to work flexible hours.
b. Regularly required to walk, climb, sit, talk and hear.
c. Must be able to operate office equipment.
d. May occasionally lift objects up to 25 lbs.
a. Must submit to a thorough criminal history background check.
b. Must have access to a vehicle, possess a valid driver’s license, and proof of insurance.
c. Position may involve some travel, primarily within the state.
Note: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those that will be encountered by a person performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Salary: $25,000 - 26,000/year
How to Apply
Interested candidates should visit https://www.nchs.org/careers, locate this position, and click on "Apply Now" beneath the job description to complete the online application form. The application must be completed in full and submitted by the specified closing date for consideration.
Please contact Deborah Dancer at email@example.com or at 3549 Fontenelle Blvd, Omaha, Nebraska 68104
Nebraska Children's Home Society