Job Classification (Exempt or Non-exempt): Exempt
Reports To: Chief Financial and Resources Officer
Job Summary: Perform human resource responsibilities and ensure compliance with policies and procedures. Design processes and outcome reports that are effective and efficient, enable human resource stewardship and promote excellent employment practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process administrative employment-related activities within time frame standards while ensuring policy and procedure compliance, proper documentation approvals, and accuracy of human resource system entries.
- Promote management’s knowledge of and compliance with processes for recruitment, placement, performance evaluation, compensation/benefits administration and separation.
- Place employment recruitment advertisements and monitor hiring managers’ compliance with employment inquiry/application procedures.
- Ensure collection of required personnel file documents, including new employee documents, Job Descriptions, Performance Evaluations, valid driver’s license, current proofs of vehicle insurance, professional licenses, bi-annual criminal histories, compensation/benefit changes, etc.
- Provide thorough benefits information to new employees and to current employees seeking assistance.
- Prepare management information reports such as Volunteer Reporting and special project reports.
- Conduct New Employee Orientations, which includes communication of history, services, organizational structure, employment policies, procedures, benefits, and expectations, as well as coordinate I.N.S.P.I.R.E Trainings.
- Prepare management information reports, Employee Criminal Histories report, Employee Survey Reports, individual employee Benefits Statements, 401(k) Census and Audit Report, Employee’s Pre-Service Trainings and general Training Reports, etc.
- Work with State and Contracts to ensure Employees are in compliance with contracts regarding Human Resource Functions.
- Processes Payroll on a semi-monthly basis with assistance from the Accounting and Human Resource Specialist(s).
- Assist Accounting and Human Resource Specialist(s) with that position’s workload and ensure compliance with procedures and policies.
Supplemental Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate respect, appreciation, and sensitivity for diversity.
- Cross-trained in duties of Accountant and Human Resource Specialist.
- Chair the Training Committee
- Is a member of the Quality Council and Co-Facilitates the Non Program CQI Team.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Chief Financial & Resources Officer.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum education and experience:
- Bachelors in Business Administration
- 3 years combined experience in human resource functions.
- Or, virtually equivalent combination of above.
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Knows human resource principles, practices, and regulations.
- Interacts and communicates with employees and vendors professionally.
- Processes information accurately and documents transactions/decisions well.
- Works as a functional supervisor.
- Recognizes problematic issues, visualizes improvements, balances urgency with importance, desires win/win solutions, seeks to understand then to be understood, and promotes synergistic results.
- Utilizes personal computer applications, including word processing, spreadsheets, electronic mail, and custom finance/human resource applications.
- Possesses driver’s license and personal vehicle insurance.
- Physical demands:
- Walk, sit, climb, talk, and hear.
- Operate office equipment.
- Lift objects up to 25 pounds occasionally.
- Schedule demands (travel, adjustments to accommodate clients, weekends/evenings, etc.):
- Infrequent and short period travel to other Agency sites and for conferences and meetings
- Site factors (work location, environment, travel, etc.):
- Office in Omaha
- Office environment
- Infrequent travel
Note: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those that will be encountered by a person performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should visit https://www.nchs.org/careers, locate this position, and click on "Apply Now" beneath the job description to complete the online application form. The application must be completed in full and submitted by the specified closing date for consideration
Please contact Steph Poncelow at 402-451-0787 ext. 310 or at 4939 South 118th Street, Omaha, Nebraska 68137