Occasional Child Care Provider
Nebraska Children's Home Society Omaha, NE
Nebraska Children's Home Society is looking for a part-time Childcare Provider to provide structured activities for children during parent education and support classes during daytime and evening hours.
Job Classification (Exempt or Non-exempt): Non-exempt
Reports To: Children and Family Center Director
Job Summary: Provides a safe and effective learning environment for children in accordance with the philosophy and mission of the Nebraska Children’s Home Society.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides structured activities for children during parent education and support classes during daytime and evening hours 10-15 hours per month.
- Interacts with children in a professional and positive manner by:
- Participating actively with the children;
- Maintaining atmosphere of enthusiasm and commitment;
- Preparing meals, serving, monitoring and cleanup;
- Assisting in toilet training when necessary and clean up activities.
- Maintains a safe environment by:
- Recognizing and acting against hazards to safety;
- Displays good social and communication skills by:
- Supporting peers;
- Communicating effectively with parents, peers and supervisors;
- Participates in staff training and completes First-Aid and CPR training.
- Demonstrates respect, appreciation, and sensitivity for diversity.
- Participates within Performance Quality Improvement program.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum education and experience:
- Experience providing childcare for children under the age of 5.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge of early childhood development and related issues
- Ability to follow regulations and procedures
- Ability to read, discern and interpret information given by clients
- Ability to observe situations with sensitivity and objectivity
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, self-manage and work toward goal achievement
- Physical demands:
- Regularly required to speak and hear, walk, climb, sit, use hands and fingers to operate, handle or feel objects and equipment.
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds.
- Schedule demands
- Availability to work evening hours.
- Site factors (work location, environment, travel, etc.):
- Work site is Omaha.
Note: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those that will be encountered by a person performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
| Date Posted
March 14, 2018
| Date Closes
April 13, 2018
3549 Fontenelle Blvd
| Located In
Children and Family Center
| Job Type
5-10 hours per week
| Positions Available
| SOC Category
39-9011.00 Childcare Workers
This job is related other jobs in these career categories