Chief Program Officer
Nebraska Children's Home Society Omaha, NE
Job Summary: Works with the Chief Executive Officer to achieve the goals and plans of the organization; performs management functions related to the direct delivery of program services; and guides program development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises program department directors and coordinates activities of the Program Team.
- Provides oversight for the administration, implementation and supervision of NCHS programs.
- Coordinates and guides budget development and management in conjunction with the Chief Resources Officer and the Chief Executive Officer.
- Develops reports and proposals for internal and external review.
- Ensures compliance with applicable licensing and accreditation requirements
- Serves on Management Team and Continuous Quality Improvement Team.
- Represents NCHS in professional and community organizations.
- Assists with other administrative and operational tasks as necessary to meet the needs of clients and to support the Chief Executive Officer.
- Demonstrates respect, appreciation, and sensitivity for diversity.
- Is authorized to accept temporary custody, accept relinquishments, plan for children, and consent to adoptions.
- Is authorized to accept temporary placement and plan for children in foster care.
Supplemental Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs other duties as assigned by Chief Executive Officer.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum education and experience:
- Masters Degree in social work, counseling or related field
- A minimum of five years of experience related to child welfare or child development issues
- A minimum of three years of supervisory experience.
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business and management periodicals, administrative procedures, contracts, and government regulations.
- Ability to effectively develop and write procedures, business correspondence, and business reports.
- Ability to effectively present ideas and information to the Board, Chief Executive Officer, clients, staff and regulatory agencies.
- Reasoning Skills
- Ability to apply concepts of logic to the management environment, to develop and utilize statistical information related to potential organizational changes.
- Ability to learn, understand and utilize personal computer software and hardware applicable to the organization's operations, including work processing, spreadsheets and electronic mail.
- Reasoning Ability
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and develop logical and innovative solutions.
- Ability to transfer knowledge from the fields of general management and social services to the adoption environment.
- Possess driver’s license and personal vehicle insurance
- Physical demands:
- Walk, climb, sit, use hands and fingers to operate, handle or feel objects and equipment; and talk and hear.
- Operate office equipment
- Lifts up to 25 pounds occasionally
- Schedule demands (travel, adjustments to accommodate clients, weekends/evenings, etc.):
- The work described will require the Chief Program Officer to be in an office environment a majority of the time.
- Periodic statewide travel is required. Some travel may be required, locally and, nationally.
- Site factors (work location, environment, travel, etc.):
- Primary office location – Omaha Durham Center
- Office environment
- Drive to other NCHS offices and meetings across the state as needed, with overnight stays possible
- Travel out-of-state on an occasional basis, with overnight stays possible
Note: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those that will be encountered by a person performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Applications due by Friday, August 25, 2017
| Date Posted
August 11, 2017
| Date Closes
September 10, 2017
4939 South 118th Street
| Located In
| Job Type
| Experience Level
Experienced (7-15 yrs. experience)
40 hours per week
| Start Date
| Positions Available
| SOC Category
11-1011.00 Chief Executives
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Short-Term Disability
- Supplemental Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Bereavement Pay
- Child Care (On-site)
- Continuing Education Program
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Sick Leave
This job is related other jobs in these career categories