POSITION SUMMARY: Provide legendary customer service experience to every customer by greeting, consulting, and assisting them in finding merchandise and making buying decisions. This includes processing firearms transactions in an efficient manner in accordance with all internal policies, procedures, and applicable law. Responsible for acquiring and disposing firearms and the integrity of the ATF required bound book. This position initiates all 4473 forms with customers and is responsible for conducting the final check of applicable company, state, and federal forms prior to a firearm being transferred to the customer. This position requires the ability to safely handle firearms and adhere to all company, state, and federal firearms regulations.
- Responsible for systematically and physically acquiring and disposing firearms legally and in accordance with all ATF, state, and local laws / regulations and with company policies. This includes acquiring firearms that are purchased or shipped to the store via varying methods, and disposing all transferred firearms, shipped or sold over the counter to a customer by close of business the day the acquisition or disposition occurs. Responding to ATF Trace requests, sending required reporting to ATF and other state agencies, and completing other state required paperwork as necessary. Additional requirements include: completing ATF required forms, applicable state forms necessary for background checks, certifying and screening all potential firearm transfers for legality of the sale, complying with waiting periods or other possible state requirements, and preventing possible straw purchases. 50%
- Provide a legendary customer service experience to every customer by assisting them in making purchasing decisions through the application of the SLAM process including greeting, identifying and evaluating the customer's needs, and then making appropriate product recommendations based off this analysis. Delivery of the Firearms Experience process with customers and assisting the customer with a complete outfitting solution including identified attachments. 20%
- Responsible for ensuring all firearms are acquired safely utilizing company protocols, proper and error free completion of all company forms, conducting firearms audits, properly storing / locating, cleaning, and preparation of firearms for retail sale, working replenishment of firearms to the sales floor, properly packaging and shipping firearms in accordance with federal / state laws and company policy, safely checking / clearing firearms received by customers or via shipment, as well as mounting optics to firearms. 15%
- Responsible for participating in ongoing training including, but not limited to firearms and shooting product information, diverse shooting discipline awareness, systems training, compliance related training, and selling skills / techniques. 5%
- Assure visual standards are met by up-keep and maintenance to include, but not limited to, restocking, re-merchandising, cleaning fixtures, and vacuuming. Responsible for maintaining 5S standards within the department and back room including attention to proper facing of firearms tags and performing opening and closing duties. 5%
- Effectively communicate to customers the benefits of company programs, including but not limited to CLUB membership, Kiosk, VOC, and In-Store Pick-up. 5%
- ALL OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
Minimum Degree Required: High School Diploma
Experience: 2-4 years experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY:
- Strong understanding of firearms, especially safe handling, and proper
- Ability to provide superior customer service and exceed customer's experience
- Strong attention to detail to assure 100% accuracy
- Ability to evaluate and fulfill customers' needs using good judgement and logic.
- Ability to understand, recall, and follow complex compliance regulations and to work with highly confidential information.
- Must be eligible to sell firearms in accordance with all Federal and State regulations.
- Hiring preference will be given to those with solid ATF knowledge, detail-oriented, proven sales experience and firearms regulatory compliance knowledge, willing to move quickly from one task to another, and at least two to four years of experience in the firearms industry.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: NA
Bass Pro Shops is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring decisions are administered without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.