Completes work order service requests in support of store operations. Performs preventive maintenance, and over sees service contractors delivery of routine maintenance (housekeeping, landscape maintenance, pest control, etc.). Must possess broad skills in various building trades (I.E. plumbing, carpentry, electrical, mechanical, etc.) and broad mechanical aptitude. Duties include building and equipment repair and installation, and project work relating to store sales initiatives. Additionally, this position is responsible to support corporate facility maintenance, energy conservation, and waste management programs.
1. Electrical repair; lamp changing, light fixture repair/installation, diagnostic capability.
2. Plumbing repair; pump and fixture installations/replacements/repair, drain cleaning, diagnostic capability.
3. Heating, ventilating, and air conditioning; basic understanding of commercial equipment operation and maintenance procedures.
4. Basic mechanical repair on tractors, forklifts, order pickers, pallet jacks, and other equipment as required.
5. Basic building repair; painting, wall repair, minor carpentry, floor repair, etc.
6. Perform periodic building operation "tune up" to ensure energy conservation and waste management efforts at the store level are consistent with over all corporate facility programs.
7. This position is expected to remain flexible in work scheduling to meet changing store objectives.
8. Performs other duties as required.
Education and/or Experience:
Requires a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent, high mechanical ability. Must be in good physical condition with no limitations due to lifting requirements and willing to work outdoors in inclement weather, must also be willing to work with and oversee the work of others. Verifiable experience in maintenance related work fields. Experience that demonstrates skill in various building trades listed above. Good customer service attitude. Polite, engaging, and courteous demeanor.
Other skills / Reasoning ability
Requires continuous use of gross motor skills, near/far vision, color definition, hearing, and speech. Requires frequent standing, walking, lifting up to 80 lbs, carrying up to 25 lbs, eye/hand coordination, stepping up and down, climbing up to but not limited to 30 feet from the floor, use of fine motor skills, works in difficult and confined spaces, pushes, pulls or utilizes manual and bi-manual dexterity.
|Date Posted||November 10, 2019|
|Date Closes||December 10, 2019|
|Located In||Hoffman estates, IL|