Under the supervision of the Boat Manager, manage and provide daily direction to the associates in the Boat Service area within a Bass Pro Shops or Free Standing Store to include inventory control, service, warranty, rigging, delivery, detail and parts activities.
1. Support the Boat Manager in the achievement of the department's or dealership's financial goals for the Service area to include Service and Parts Sales, Gross Margin, Inventory Shrinkage and Payroll Goals.
2. Provide daily supervision and direction to the associates in the Service Department.
3. Schedule and assign all service, rigging and warranty work orders; ensure work orders are completed to the customer's satisfaction on a timely basis.
4. Maintain and constantly strive to increase associate productivity.
5. Maintain a safe, clean and secure work environment.
6. Support a strong commitment to world class customer service and ensure a pleasant and productive shopping experience for all customers.
7. Assist the Boat Manager to staff the Service area with customer oriented associates; participate in interviewing and make recommendations for selection; coordinate training; consult with Boat Manager and give input on preparation of performance appraisals; prepare weekly work schedules; coach and motivate associates to promote positive customer relations and a productive team-oriented work environment.
8. Resolve customer and associate opportunities with Boat Manager.
9. Assist the Boat Manager with coordination of all "Special Events" to include Boat Shows, Classic events and / or other on or off-site promotional activities.
10. Manage and ensure accuracy of unit and parts inventories.
11. Ensure warranty claims are created, submitted and warranty payments received on a timely basis.
12. Ensure products are properly detailed and unit deliveries are conducted in a friendly and professional manner as scheduled.
13. Assist the Boat Manager in executing other Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company's policies and applicable laws, including: interviewing; training; planning; assigning and directing work; measuring and evaluating performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems; maintaining a positive, harassment free working environment for all associates.
Education and/or Experience
2-4 years in Retail Boating or similar industry; Supervisory experience is a plus
Mathematical Skills / Reasoning Ability
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions and percentages
Ability to read and analyze certain reports
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Managers, associates, customers and the general public
Ability to conduct meetings and presentations to groups
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Proficiency with PC-based word processing, spreadsheets, data based management and electronic point of sale and inventory management systems
Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, associates, customers and with the Corporate StaffBass Pro Shops
|Date Posted||July 14, 2019|
|Date Closes||August 13, 2019|
|Located In||Auburn, NY|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories