Hunting Sales Outfitter
Cabela's Prairie Du Chien, WI
Become a part of the World's Foremost Outfitter team! At Cabela's we passionately serve people who enjoy the outdoor lifestyle by delivering innovation, quality and value in our products and service. Live...Dream... Work the Adventure! Cabelaâ??s has openings for a Part time Outfitter in the Hunting Department at our Prairie du Chien, WI retail store. Position Overview:Provide a legendary customer service experience for every customer by greeting and assisting customers in finding merchandise and making buying decisions. This position supports visual merchandising standards by taking ownership of the sales floor presentation. This position requires experience and/or knowledge of the outdoor lifestyle. Resolves and enhances customer loyalty by ensuring customers enjoy a positive shopping experience throughout the store. Essential Job Functions:
- Provide legendary customer service every time by assisting customers in making buying decisions by identifying and evaluating customers' needs, and making product recommendations based off of this analysis, by providing a legendary customer experience for every customer and promoting Cabela's programs including, but limited to CLUB Membership, Kiosk, VOC and In-Store Pick-up.
- Assure visual presentation standards are met by up-keep and maintenance to include, but not limited to restock, remerchandising, dusting, and vacuuming sales floor as needed.
- Respond and handle customer issues by using good judgment and logic in solving problems and making decisions within the job scope.
- Assist in other areas of the store when business needs dictates, which may include, but not limited to: hunting, fishing, camping, footwear, clothing, gifts, general store, archery, marine, backend, cashier, and bargain cave.
- Must be a Customer Service oriented team player and have the ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate with customers and other business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- General knowledge of company products, retail practices and procedures is preferred. Must have a high school diploma, or equivalent.
- Must be able to work the following: at least 3 out of 4 weekends a month; any day, including holidays; opening and closing shifts.
- Qualified candidates should have solid knowledge and at least 1 year of experience in the following areas: Knowledgeable of a variety of Firearms, Big and Small Game hunting, Upland and Waterfowl hunting, Black Powder, Ammunition and Reloading supplies, Decoys and Scents, Hunting or Field Training with Dogs, Scopes and Optics.
- Must be at least 21 years of age, have a working knowledge of Federal and State Firearm Regulations and be eligible to sell firearms under ATF regulations.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 0 to 2+ Years Experience
- Hiring preference is given to those with solid sales experience and at least one year of related field experience.
Cabela's offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including, generous product discounts, 401K savings plan, and Health and Dental coverage for you and your family. Cabelaâ??s shows commitment to the men and women who have served in the United States Armed Forces by providing meaningful, challenging career opportunities where military skills and experience may be applied. Cabelaâ??s is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive workplace that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives. Applying for a posted position does not guarantee an interview. The Internal Transfer Policy applies.
- Must be able to read documents, printouts, reports, computer screens and other written communication.
- Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with customers and co-workers.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk to fill orders, assist customers on the sales floor, etc.
- Must be able to stock product at various racking levels, use step-stool or ladder, etc.
- Must be able to place product on/off shelving.
- Must be able to write, type and use phone system.
| Date Posted
December 5, 2018
| Date Closes
January 4, 2019
| Located In
Prairie du chien, WI
| SOC Category