Firearms Sales Outfitter Full-Time
Cabela's East Hartford, CT
Become a part of the World's Foremost Outfitter team! At Cabela's we passionately serve people who enjoy the outdoor lifestyle by delivering innovation, quality and value in our products and service. Live...Dream... Work the Adventure! Cabelaâ??s has an opening for a Full-Time Firearms Sales Outfitter at our East Hartford, CT retail store.Position Overview:This position requires the ability to safely handle firearms and adhere to all company, state, and federal firearms regulations. Provide legendary customer service experience to every customer by greeting, consulting, and assisting them in finding merchandise and making buying decisions. This includes processing firearms transactions in an efficient manner in accordance with all internal policies, procedures, and applicable law. This position initiates all 4473 forms with customers and is responsible for conducting the final check of applicable company, state, and federal forms prior to a firearm being transferred to the customer. Essential Job Functions:
- Provide a legendary customer service experience to every customer by assisting them in making purchasing decisions through the application of the 4Most process including greeting, identifying and evaluating the customerâ??s needs, and then making appropriate product recommendations based off this analysis. Delivery of the Firearms Experience process with customers and assisting the customer with a complete outfitting solution including identified attachments.Assist with the physical receiving of firearms.
- Responsible for physically acquiring and disposing all firearms legally and in accordance with all ATF, state, and local laws and regulations and with Cabelaâ??s policies. This includes completing ATF required forms, applicable state forms necessary for background checks, certifying and screening all potential firearm transfers for legality of the sale, complying with waiting periods or other possible state requirements, and straw purchases.
- Responsible for assisting with the receipt of firearms in accordance with company policy and applicable regulations, proper and error free completion of all company forms, assistance with performing firearms audits, mounting optics to firearms, safely checking / clearing firearms received by customers or via shipment, and preparation of firearms for retail sale.
- Assure visual standards are met by up-keep and maintenance to include, but not limited to, restocking, remerchandising, cleaning fixtures, and vacuuming. Responsible for maintaining 5S standards within the department and back room including attention to proper facing of firearms tags and performing opening and closing duties.
- Responsible for participating in ongoing training including, but not limited to firearms and shooting product information, diverse shooting discipline awareness, systems training, compliance related training, and selling skills / techniques.
- Effectively communicate to customers the benefits of Cabelaâ??s programs, including but not limited to CLUB membership, Kiosk, VOC, Outdoor Adventures, TAGS, and In-Store Pick-up.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Cabelaâ??s is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive work place that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives. Cabelaâ??s shows commitment to the men and women who have served in the United States Armed Forces by providing meaningful, challenging career opportunities where military skills and experience may be applied. Cabela's offers a competitive benefits package to include: 401k, vacation, health and dental coverage for you and your family, and employee discounts.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2 to 4+ Yearsâ?? Experience
- Strong attention to detail to assure 100% accuracy.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and be eligible to sell firearms under BATFE regulations. Have a working knowledge of Federal and State firearm regulations (required)
- Ability to provide superior customer service and exceed customerâ??s experience. (required)
- Ability to evaluate and fulfill customersâ?? needs using good judgement and logic. (required)
- Hiring preference is given to those with a solid sales and firearms knowledge at least six months and one year of related field experience.
| Date Posted
December 4, 2018
| Date Closes
January 3, 2019
| Located In
East hartford, CT
| SOC Category