Fishing Team Leader
Cabela's Prairie Du Chien, WI
Become a part of the World's Foremost Outfitter team! At Cabela's we passionately serve people who enjoy the outdoor lifestyle by delivering innovation, quality and value in our products and service. Live...Dream... Work the Adventure! Cabelaâ??s has an opening for a Full-Time Team Leader at our Fishing Department in our Prairie du Chien, WI retail store.Position Overview:Under the supervision of the Group Sales or Department Manager gives daily direction to the associates in one of the Departments within the store, to include: merchandise presentation, inventory control, pricing, sales enhancements, stocking and customer service activities. Essential Job Functions: 1) Supports GSM / DM in achievement of Departmental Sales, Gross Margin, Inventory Shrinkage and Payroll Goals 2) Provide daily direction to the associates within the Department 3) Prepare To-do / Task lists 4) Execute all Merchandising directives... i.e. â??Top 25 listâ?, â??Extreme Savingsâ? items, etc. & maintain all plan-o-grams as set by the Corporate Office. 5) Supports a strong commitment to world class customer service and ensures a pleasant and productive shopping experience for all customers 6) Assist the GSM / DM and Human Resources Manager to staff the Department with â??serviceâ? oriented associates; participates in interviewing and makes recommendations for selection; coordinates training; consults with GSM and gives input on preparation of performance appraisals; prepares weekly work schedules; coaches and motivates associates to promote positive customer relations and a productive team-oriented work environment 7) Resolves customer and associate opportunities with GSM / DM and HR Manager 8) Assists the GSM / DM with: coordination of all â??Special Eventsâ?; maintenance of pricing and UPC integrity; determining proper assortments; accuracy of inventory; proper display, signing and pricing of all advertised items 9) Assists the GSM / DM in carrying out Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Companyâ??s policies and applicable laws, including: interviewing; training; planning; assigning and directing work; measuring and evaluating performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems; maintaining a positive, harassment free working environment for all associates Requirements
- 2-4 years in Retail Sales / Supervision experience is a plus
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions and percentages.
- Ability to read and analyze certain reports. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Managers, associates, customers and the general public. Ability to conduct meetings and presentations to groups.
- Proficiency with PC-based word processing, spreadsheets, data based management and electronic point of sale and inventory management systems.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, associates, customers and with the Corporate Staff.
- Other duties, assignments and responsibilities as needed.
Cabelaâ??s is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive work place that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives. Cabelaâ??s shows commitment to the men and women who have served in the United States Armed Forces by providing meaningful, challenging career opportunities where military skills and experience may be applied. Cabela's offers a competitive benefits package to include: 401k, vacation, health and dental coverage for you and your family, and employee discounts. Applying for a posted position does not guarantee an interview. The Internal Transfer Policy applies.
- Must be able to read documents, printouts, reports, computer screens and other written communication.
- Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with customers and co-workers.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk to fill orders, assist customers on the sales floor, etc.
- Must be able to stock product at various racking levels, use step-stool or ladder, etc.
- Must be able to place product on/off conveyor, trucks, shelving, etc.
- Must be able to write, type and use phone system.
| Date Posted
November 27, 2018
| Date Closes
December 27, 2018
| Located In
Prairie du chien, WI
| SOC Category