Become a part of the World's Foremost Outfitter team! At Cabela's we passionately serve people who enjoy the outdoor lifestyle by delivering innovation, quality and value in our products and service. Live...Dream... Work the Adventure! Cabelaâ??s has an opening for a Network Engineer 4
at our office in Sidney, NE OR Springfield, MO.General Purpose:
Assists in the development and maintenance of network communications. Uses knowledge of LAN/WAN systems to help design and install internal and external networks. Tests and evaluates network systems to eliminate problems and make improvements. At least 6-8 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. May lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to a manager.Key Responsibilities:
Education & Experience:
- New projects and deployments. We continue to deploy hardware, build new stores, enhance the enterprise by making modifications to security, QOS, upgrading software, and completing projects for the various businesses.
- Complete Service Request and Trouble tickets by providing solutions to resolve the problems. This can include firewall policy pushes. Web proxy policy changes, Adding users to remote access, troubleshooting configuration or hardware issues. Coordinate with proper groups for changes to the production environment. Work with remote technicians for remote hands support. Communicate with users to ensure your solutions have fixed their problems.
- Maintaining equipment and monitoring the network. Utilize tools such as syslog, groundworks, solarwinds and others to do proactive network management. Try to find issues and resolve them before they impact the business. Ensure redundant links are always up and operational. Work the our providers to resolve any link issues. Keep software versions up to date and standard across the enterprise. Replace equipment when it becomes End of Support.
- Troubleshooting and application analysis. Use tools such as Etherpeek, wireshark, opnet, Checkpoint Smartcenter, syslog, etc to analyze data traffic and determine what is causing poor performance or application failures. Use these same tools to help determine ways to increase performance.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Vocational/Technical School Certificate
- 6-8+ years of experience
- CCNA preferred
- CCNP preferred
- Enterprise network experience working a variety of equipment which should include most of the following: firewalls, vpn, routers, switches, load balancers, wireless, Intrusion detection/protection, sniffers, wan optimization and IP telephony.
Cabelaâ??s is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive work place that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives.
Cabelaâ??s shows commitment to the men and women who have served in the United States Armed Forces by providing meaningful, challenging career opportunities where military skills and experience may be applied.
Cabela's offers a competitive benefits package to include: 401k, vacation, health and dental coverage for you and your family, and employee discounts.