Boat Service Specialist
Cabela's Hoffman Estates, IL
Department: Retail â?? Tracker MarineLocation: Hoffman Estates, IL Become a part of the World's Foremost Outfitter team! At Cabela's we passionately serve people who enjoy the outdoor lifestyle by delivering innovation, quality and value in our products and service. Live...Dream... Work the Adventure! Cabelaâ??s has an opening for a full-time Boat Service Specialist at our Hoffman Estates, IL retail store.Position Overview:Assists in all aspects of Service Dept. operations including unit inventory procedures, pre-delivery inspection (PDI) and delivery orientation. Position may also assist customers requiring service or warranty repairs for their boat, motor, trailer or ATV/UTV and at times assist with the sale of parts and accessories. Essential Job Functions:
- Support a strong commitment to world class customer service to ensure a pleasant and productive shopping experience for all customers.
- Greet all new unit delivery, service, warranty and parts customers in a friendly, prompt and efficient manner.
- Answering of service, warranty and parts questions over the phone and in person.
- Assist Receiving Dept. with the unloading, inspection and VIN verification of new units being delivered to the dealership by the manufacturer.
- Once printed, affix bar code labels to units received and update lot location in IDS.
- Maintain unit inventory status communication in IDS. Assist with physical inventories.
- Print daily unit delivery schedule to prepare for upcoming orientations.
- Conduct final PDI and inspect detailing of all units scheduled to deliver. Report any issues with unit condition to Service Manager and provide VIN verification to the BA.
- Confirm correct rigging and accessory mounting instructions against the work order.
- Prepare Ownerâ??s Delivery Packet and delivery documents in advance of time for pick-up.
- Explain unit and accessory operation, break in and maintenance procedures to customer.
- Assist service customers with documentation of concerns on the TMBC Repair Order.
- Assist Service Manager with the creation of related IDS work order.
- Assist Service Manager with keeping customers informed of estimates for needed repairs and progress toward their completion.
- In the absence of the Service Manager, assist Marine GSM and senior management with the scheduling of work to be performed in the department.
- Remain up-to-date on product warranty policies and procedures.
- Assist with warranty repair authorization and related IDS work order creation.
- Assist with the receiving and sale of parts within the IDS dealer management system.
- Assist with accepting parts and work order payments, compiling daily batch report and till reconciliation.
- Assist Management and BA to ensure no unit is released until payment is received in full.
- Maintain a clean and professional work area.
- Follow all Company Policies and Procedures.
- Perform other duties, assignments and responsibilities as needed.
Cabelaâ??s is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive work place that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives. Cabelaâ??s shows commitment to the men and women who have served in the United States Armed Forces by providing meaningful, challenging career opportunities where military skills and experience may be applied. Cabela's offers a competitive benefits package to include: 401k, vacation, health and dental coverage for you and your family, and employee discounts. APPLY ONLINE: www.cabelas.jobs Applying for a posted position does not guarantee an interview. The Internal Transfer Policy does apply.
- High School education or Equivalent
- Ability to complete simple math calculations
- Ability to communicate in a friendly and professional manner with customers, vendors and fellow associates
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Able to work in and out of doors / in non-air conditioned environment
- Able to stand for extended periods
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers, management and co-workers
- Ability to perform various functions within Dealership Management data entry system
| Date Posted
November 8, 2018
| Date Closes
December 8, 2018
| Located In
Hoffman estates, IL
| SOC Category
This job is related other jobs in these career categories