Become a part of the World's Foremost Outfitter team! At Cabela's we passionately serve people who enjoy the outdoor lifestyle by delivering innovation, quality and value in our products and service. Live...Dream... Work the Adventure! Cabelaâ??s has an opening for an Assistant General Manager at our Woodbury, MN retail store
Position summary: Assists General Manager with the management of store merchandising and store operations to ensure proper merchandise assortment, merchandise presentation, inventory control, customer service, financial efficiency, inventory control, customer service, leadership development, associate morale and other duties as assigned.
1) Supports a strong commitment to world class customer service and ensures a pleasant and productive shopping experience for all customers.
2) Opens and closes the store. Assumes responsibility for the entire store when the General Manager is out of the building.
3) Directly supervises the Receiving, Customer Service, Maintenance and Sales Departments through the Group Sales Managers.
4) Ensures the Departments are staffed with â??serviceâ? oriented associates; participates in interviewing and selection. Coordinates training, prepares / approves performance appraisals, recommends merit / promotional increases, prepares weekly work schedules, coaches and motivates associates to promote positive customer relations and a productive team-oriented work environment.
5) Works closely with Basecamp Support Staff to ensure proper merchandise assortment and inventory levels.
6) Responsible to communicate and implement all advertising and marketing initiatives of the Company to include tabs, flyers, signing, pricing, features, imagery, visual presentation, etc.
7) Maintains all planograms set by Merchandising.
8) Meets or exceeds all financial plans as set by the Company.
9) Controls Company assets and financial efficiency by auditing reports, general ledger, electronic journals, physical inventory and procedures to ensure system integrity; monitors and controls cash management; controls stores operating & loss account.
10) Executes and communicates all Operating procedures in the Store.
11) Develops & executes all Sales / Payroll plans as directed by the Company. Assists in overseeing and controlling payroll and operating expense.
12) Provides financial results / performance to the General Manager through several reports
13) Maintains a clean, organized and safe environment, building facility and all equipment and controls safety in the store.
14) Ability to analyze customer and business analytics to drive customer service and operating metric goals.
15) Carries out Supervisory responsibilities and partners with Human Resources in accordance with the Companyâ??s policies and applicable laws, including: interviewing, hiring & training, planning, assigning and directing work; measuring and evaluating performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving associate and customer problems.
Education and/or Experience
Minimum of 5+ years in big box, high volume management, with responsibility for one or more Sales Departments and Receiving or Front End experience
Mathematical Skills / Reasoning Ability
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions and percentages. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of other financial, legal and technical information.
Ability to read and analyze certain reports. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Managers, associates, customers and the general public. Ability to conduct meetings and presentations to groups.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Proficiency with PC-based word processing, spreadsheets, data based management and electronic point of sale and inventory management systems.
Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, associates, customers and with the Basecamp support staff.
Demonstrated use and understanding of servant leadership and team concept of management.