|Become a part of the World's Foremost Outfitter team! At Cabela's we passionately serve people who enjoy the outdoor lifestyle by delivering innovation, quality and value in our products and service. Live...Dream... Work the Adventure! Itâ??s In Your Nature! Cabelaâ??s has openings for Seasonal Team Members in our Tooele, UT DIstribution Center (2000 West Cabela's Way). |
Starting Pay: $13.00 to $14.50 starting with an additional + 1.50 seasonal incentive pay. Additional differential pay and performance incentive available.
FULL TIME Shifts Available:
Day Shift - Sunday through Wednesday, scheduled for 10 hrs/day OR Thursday through Saturday, scheduled for 12 hrs/day. Start times vary with department but all are between 5:00 a.m. and 7:00 a.m.
Night Shift - Sunday through Tuesday (3x12hr days) or Wednesday through Saturday (4x10hr days). Shifts will start at 6:00 p.m. and work until done. Eligible for shift differential.
PART TIME Shifts Available:
Day Shift - working EITHER Sunday & Monday, scheduled for 10-12 hrs/day OR Friday & Saturday, scheduled for 10-12 hrs/day. Start times vary with department but all are between 5:00 a.m. and 6:30 a.m. FT Hours also available for Days and Nights
Night Shift - Monday through Friday, 4:00 PM to 9:00 PM or 5:00PM-10:00PM (additional hours available). Eligible for shift differential.
Outfitters will be trained to perform any of the functions within the Distribution Center such as receiving merchandise, stocking merchandise, inspecting merchandise, filling orders, sorting, packing, and loading merchandise for shipment to retail stores and direct customers as needed. Ensures merchandise is handled to maintain quality and appearance for customers. Assists others as needed.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs any of the functions within the Distribution Center such as receiving merchandise, stocking merchandise, inspecting merchandise, filling orders, sorting and packing merchandise in appropriate box size for shipment to customers as needed. In fulfillment of these duties may spend majority of time in one of the following areas, with ability to gain knowledge and experience and move among multiple area functions as needed.
- Receiving - Unload, receive, sort, tag incoming merchandise for future fulfillment. May repackage or retag returns from the retail stores. May verify purchase orders against packing slips to ensure counts are correct. Receives and checks in kits, may build kits. May audit new shipments of merchandise to ensure quality specifications are met.
- Stocking and Replenishment - Transfer and stock merchandise to and among proper warehouse locations to ensure availability of items for fulfillment.
- Order filling - Fill retail and/or direct customer orders by inspecting merchandise and matching merchandise to order. Pull merchandise from designated stock locations and place in proper containers and/or on conveyor.
- Sorting and Packing - Sort merchandise into order groupings and/or pack merchandise orders manually or with automated equipment using proper containers, cartons, or packaging for shipment. Apply designated labels. Visually inspect product for quality and presentation to customer.
- Inventory - Perform physical counts of inventory on any given items to ensure accuracy of shelf and alternate quantities. May adjust on-hand inventory quantities and computer report quantities to reconcile amounts.
- Material Handling - With proper training and licensing, may move merchandise among warehouse locations using authorized material handling equipment (i.e. stock pickers, lift trucks, etc.) or manually load and/or unload trailers. May spot trailers to appropriate dock doors or (with appropriate license) transport merchandise or trailers between buildings.
- Maintains housekeeping and cleanliness and follows procedures for a safe work environment. Attends all mandatory training and in-services including but not limited to: new employee orientation, safety, or job skills training.
- 0 to 2+ Years
- Knowledge generally gained through on the job training of company products, policies, and procedures. Knowledge of warehouse layout and merchandise locations. Knowledge of packing procedures. Knowledge of stocking practices and procedures. Skill in operating various warehouse equipment. Ability to pay close attention to detail. Ability to compare information from two sources and confirm match or identify discrepancies. Ability to communicate with co-workers in a courteous and professional manner. Ability to effectively function as a team player.
Cabela's offers a competitive salary and generous product discounts.
Cabelaâ??s is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive workplace that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives.