Become a part of the World's Foremost Outfitter team! At Cabela's we passionately serve people who enjoy the outdoor lifestyle by delivering innovation, quality and value in our products and service. Live...Dream... Work the Adventure! Cabelaâ??s has an opening for a Full-Time Boat Shop Parts Lead in our Mitchell, SD boat shop.
Maintains and controls boat, motor, trailer and ATV parts inventory, assists and trains support staff and assists external and internal customers with purchases of or questions regarding parts.
Essential Job Functions:
- Support a strong commitment to world class customer service and ensure a pleasant and productive shopping experience for all customers. Receive inquiries from customers requesting retail parts, price quotes or general information either by phone or at the parts counter.Research customer inquiries using Internet sites, manufacturer contact or on-site reference materials.
- Assist with training of parts support positions. (CSR, Service Writer, Warranty Clerk etc.) Supervise work performed by parts support positions.
- Perform part sales transactions either on the phone or at the parts counter. Safeguard funds received and perform till reconciliation procedures on a daily basis. Create purchase orders to buy parts needed for stock, customer or work order requirements and forward order to appropriate vendor.
- Receive parts ordered and check shipping documents vs. merchandise / quantities received for accuracy. Perform data entry of parts received into the IDS inventory tracking system. Place merchandise received in designated location for easy retrieval. Verify and validate receipt of payment in full before special order parts are shipped.
- Issue parts to technicians and riggers as per work order requirements then subsequently enter those parts issued on work order in IDS to track parts inventory. Prepare for and conduct required parts inventories as per established schedules.Report and reconcile any inventory shortages or parts variances resulting from physical inventory.Perform daily and weekly reporting per SOP.
- Verify and complete refund transactions on returned parts or cancellations. Ensure returned and warranty parts are sent back to the appropriate vendor and credit is received.
- Maintain a clean and professional work area. Follow all Company Policies and Procedures.
- Other Duties as Assigned by Management
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 0 to 2+ Yearsâ?? Experience
- Mathematical Skills / Reasoning Ability: Ability to calculate figures such as discounts or percentages and make change to customers is required.
- Communication Skills: Ability to communicate in a friendly and professional manner to our customers and other associates is required. Must have good phone etiquette.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Management, coworkers and customers is required.
- Ability to operate computer and perform data entry functions is required.
- Prior Marine knowledge is preferred.
Cabelaâ??s is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive work place that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives.
Cabelaâ??s shows commitment to the men and women who have served in the United States Armed Forces by providing meaningful, challenging career opportunities where military skills and experience may be applied.
Cabela's offers a competitive benefits package to include: 401k, vacation, health and dental coverage for you and your family, and employee discounts.