Become a part of the World's Foremost Outfitter team! At Cabela's we passionately serve people who enjoy the outdoor lifestyle by delivering innovation, quality and value in our products and service. Live...Dream... Work the Adventure! Cabelaâ??s has an opening for a Full-Time Boat Sales Consultant in the Power Sports department at our Owatonna, MN retail store.
Performs various Selling / Customer Service activities to assist Boat and ATV Customers in making informed buying decisions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supports a strong commitment to world class customer service and insures a pleasant and productive shopping experience for all customers. Meets with potential customers to determine their boating needs. Provides information necessary to allow the customer to make an informed buying decision. Works cooperatively with the Service Department to see that delivery to the customer is seamless. Participates in special events such as Boat Shows, Parking Lot events, etc.
- Maintains current product knowledge by using available resources, i.e., product brochures, Internet and product information training meetings. Maintains awareness of advertised items. Remains current on & adheres to all selling skills training & direction
- Maintains complete confidentiality of all sensitive & personal information. Accurately completes all necessary paperwork required within the selling process. Utilizes IDS Prospect Management screens on a daily basis, specifically entering new customers and conducting follow up activities with customers before and after the sale.
- Prepares the showroom each morning to ensure proper signage is in place per established presentation standards and all products are clean, presentable and in sellable condition. Maintains a clean and professional work area. Follows all Company Policies and Procedures
- Other Duties as Assigned by Management
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 0 to 2+ Yearsâ?? Experience
- Mathematical Skills / Reasoning Ability: Ability to calculate figures such as discounts or percentages and make change to customers is required.
- Communication Skills: Ability to communicate in a friendly and professional manner to our customers and other associates is required. Must have good phone etiquette.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Management, coworkers and customers is required.
- Ability to operate computer and perform data entry functions is required.
- Prior Marine knowledge is preferred.
Cabelaâ??s is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive work place that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives.
Cabelaâ??s shows commitment to the men and women who have served in the United States Armed Forces by providing meaningful, challenging career opportunities where military skills and experience may be applied.
Cabela's offers a competitive benefits package to include: 401k, vacation, health and dental coverage for you and your family, and employee discounts.