Firearms Sales Lead
Become a part of the World's Foremost Outfitter team! At Cabela's we passionately serve people who enjoy the outdoor lifestyle by delivering innovation, quality and value in our products and service. Live...Dream... Work the Adventure! Cabelaâ??s has an opening for a Full-Time Firearms Sales Lead at our Hammond, IN retail store.
This position requires the ability to safely handle firearms and adhere to all company, state, and federal firearms regulations. Provide legendary customer service experience to every customer by greeting, consulting, and assisting them in finding merchandise and making buying decisions. This includes processing firearms transactions in an efficient manner in accordance with all internal policies, procedures, and applicable law. This position completes and reviews all ATF 4473 forms and is the final check point of applicable company, state, and federal forms prior to a firearm being transferred to the customer. It is also responsible for maintaining accurate logs concerning the sale of firearms as well as processing forms that relate to multiple and border sales (where applicable). This position will identify and correct errors prior to a sale in order to comply with ATF guidelines and plays a vital role in maintaining the storeâ??s FFL status of good standing.
Any individual seeking this position must be a team oriented individual, be willing to work closely with others, be an effective group communicator. Individual must be willing to perform multiple duties within the Firearms team. They must be able to produce detailed and accurate paperwork, review ATF forms that are produced by other members of the team, and provide friendly, legendary customer service in a fast paced retail environment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide a legendary customer service experience to every customer by assisting them in making purchasing decisions through the application of the SLAM process including greeting, identifying and evaluating the customerâ??s needs, and then making appropriate product recommendations based off this analysis. Legendary customer service includes delivery of the Firearms Experience process with customers and assisting the customer with a complete outfitting solution including identified attachments.
- Responsible for physically and systematically acquiring and disposing all firearms legally and in accordance with all ATF, state, and local laws and regulations and with Cabelaâ??s policies. This includes: Completing ATF required forms and applicable state forms necessary for background checks. Certifying and screening all potential firearm transfers for legality of the sale, complying with waiting periods or other possible state requirements, and straw purchases. Maintain necessary ATF Compliance A&D books, report ATF required documents (ATF 3310.4) (ATF 3310.12) in a timely manner according to Cabelaâ??s internal policy, and maintain regulated ATF and Cabelaâ??s firearm documentation according to mandated guidelines and policies.
- Responsible for accurate and timely process of POS firearm holds, POS firearm layaways, firearm disposition forms and for monitoring and working the Aged Hold/ Layaway Report. Assist with maintaining firearms vault standards in order to prepare for inventory audits.
- Responsible for assisting with the receipt of firearms in accordance with company policy and applicable regulations, proper and error free completion of all company forms, assistance with performing firearms audits, mounting optics to firearms, and preparation of firearms for retail sale.
- Responsible for providing leadership and coaching to department Outfitters. This should be done through training and leading by example. Assist manager in motivating fellow employees, keeping them engaged and working as a cohesive team. Fosters growth and development of retail Outfitter by supporting training initiatives.
- Assure visual standards are met by up-keep and maintenance to include, but not limited to, restocking, remerchandising, cleaning fixtures, and vacuuming. Responsible for maintaining 5S standards within the department and back room including attention to proper facing of firearms tags and performing opening and closing duties as well as communicating the final disposition report to the ATF administrator and communicating total daily gun sales to Senior management.
- Effectively communicate to customers the benefits of Cabelaâ??s programs, including but not limited to CLUB membership, Kiosk, VOC, Outdoor Adventures, TAGS, and In-Store Pick-up.
- Other Duties as Assigned by Management.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 0 to 2+ Yearsâ?? Experience
- Strong attention to detail to assure 100% accuracy (required)
- Ability to evaluate and fulfill customers' needs using good judgement and logic (required)
- Ability to provide superior customer service and exceed customer's experience
- Must be at least 21 years of age and be eligible to legally sell firearms in accordance with all Federal and State regulations
Cabelaâ??s is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive work place that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives.
Cabelaâ??s shows commitment to the men and women who have served in the United States Armed Forces by providing meaningful, challenging career opportunities where military skills and experience may be applied.
coverage for you and your family, and employee discounts.
Cabela's offers a competitive benefits package to include: 401k, vacation, health and dental