VACANCY: - RT561 Retail Aquarium Specialist
Location: Avon Ohio
Become a part of the Worlds Foremost Outfitter team! At Cabelas we passionately serve people who enjoy the outdoor lifestyle by delivering innovation, quality and value in our products and service. Live...Dream... Work the Adventure! Cabela's has an opening for a full time Aquarium outfitter at our Avon Ohio retail store.
This position is primarily responsible for the overall care and maintenance of retail store aquariums and associated life support systems to include display aquariums, waterfalls, bait, quarantine systems, and exhibits. The specialist position will be required to travel up to 10 days each month, stay overnight and assist in the upkeep and management of other displays located within a geographical region or district and maintain their single site location. This position will report to the Corporate Aquarium Manager with dotted line reporting relationship to the Retail Sr. Operations Manager in their home store.
Essential Job Functions:
- Reporting and record keeping to ensure regulatory compliance with agencies such as the US Fish and Wildlife Service, state and local authorities having jurisdiction, and OSHA. Routine reporting is also required to comply with corporate standards and accountability measures.
- Help maintain plumbing and mechanical maintenance for life support systems equipment and components including but not limited to: pumps, motors, sand filters, cartridge filters, chillers, ozone treatment systems, flow switches, pressure gauges, aeration devices, ultraviolet sterilizers, make-up water preparation systems, water testing and sampling equipment, monitoring and managing water pressures, flow rates, and temperatures of each system.
- Various cleaning responsibilities: This includes aquarium features such as underwater wall surfaces, rocks, and acrylic panels where diving is required.
- Biological and chemical service and maintenance as required: Includes maintaining proper water quality, the use of chemicals for water treatment and cleaning, associated tasks such as cleaning trap baskets, backwashing sand filters, and calibrating ORP probes. Inspecting the overall fish health, then removing, diagnosing, and treating any possible diseases and parasites in a safe manner and maintaining animal health records. Receiving bait, treating bait, and cleaning out dead bait will also be required.
- Receive reporting from sites within a region or district. Process information to monitor conditions and standards then apply the appropriate follow up plans and actions. This may include, but is not limited to status and condition reports for multiple business partners, remedial actions plans, conference calls, training of retail aquarists, assist in new store opening, project management, or any other support function and task.
- Answer questions from the public in a friendly and professional manner. Develop and deliver informational presentations in a friendly and professional manner to small, medium, or large groups to include feeding shows and dive presentations.
- Other Duties as Assigned by Management.
- Vocational/Technical School Certification
- 4 to 6+ Years' experience
- SCUBA Certification is required
- Hatchery or other biological experience is required.
- Must have the ability to use good judgment and logic.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to train and coordinate with other retail locations.
Cabela's is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive work place that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives.
Cabela's shows commitment to the men and women who have served in the United States Armed Forces by providing meaningful, challenging career opportunities where military skills and experience may be applied.
Cabelas offers a competitive benefits package to include: 401k, vacation, health and dental coverage for you and your family, and employee discounts.
Pay Grade: 12N
Apply Online: www.cabelas.jobs
Closing Date: 00/00/00Applying for a posted position does not guarantee an interview. The Internal Transfer Policy applies.