Become a part of the Worlds Foremost Outfitter team! At Cabelas we passionately serve people who enjoy the outdoor lifestyle by delivering innovation, quality and value in our products and service. Live...Dream... Work the Adventure! Cabela's has an opening for our Senior Hardlines Manager at our Gainesville, VA retail store.
Responsible for working with department managers and sales coaches in order to produce consistent positive sales performance. Working with leaders to ensure that directives from the corporate level are executed in a timely manner. These departments will include Hunting, Archery, Firearms, and Gun Library. Ensure merchandising standards are met, outfitters are trained to provide legendary customer service to drive profitable sales and build customer loyalty. Overall store appearance and merchandising standards/planogram execution, ad set. Facilitate changes in company direction and support new initiatives.
Essential Job Functions:
· Supervise daily activities of Hardlines Sales Coach, Firearms Department Manager/Sales Coach, and Gun Library Manager/Senior Sales Specialist. Provide direction to department managers, leads and outfitters to ensure proper display of merchandise on floor. Delegation and prioritizing of project lists, setting deadlines and checking the progress to ensure timelines are followed and met. Performing on the spot coaching when necessary to ensure quality work and customer service.
· Responsible for conducting interviews and hiring of staff, handling personnel issues within the department, coaching, performance reviews/disciplines. Screening the right people during the interview process to ensure quality customer service. Addressing and altering scheduling for the departments, attendance tracking and following progressive discipline.
· Complete and report hardlines updates and issues to store General Manager and district partners to promote sales and profitability. Keep communication open between the retail stores and corporate to the needs of the store as it relates to sales, gross profit margin, sales per square foot and inventory.
· Conduct training and mentoring of department managers/sales coaches. Ensure associates and leads on the sales floor are receiving training and mentoring of products and usage. Ensure department managers/sales coaches are working with leads/outfitters to develop and train them in all aspects of their department and adjacent departments via one-on-one sessions and Cabelas University.
· Manager on Duty Managing the store, answering customer service calls, driving sales through PA announcements and Club Membership referrals. Motivating the staff to engage customers by using the SLAM process. Track daily sales and Club referrals. Resolving outfitter concerns and questions by partnering with HR.
· Motivating the staff to engage customers by using the SLAM process. Track daily sales and Club referrals. Resolving outfitter concerns and questions by partnering with HR.
· Assist customers in making buying decisions in order to increase customer satisfaction and increase departmental sales. Providing legendary customer service and utilization of SLAM techniques.
· Assist in overseeing sales floor in order to promote and meet sales goals/objectives for firearms while maintaining compliance. Also responsible for overseeing the safety handling of firearms. Ensure ATF Compliance with all company policies and procedures as well as compliance with Federal, State and local regulations. Ensuring compliance with all Firearms related paperwork (paper and electronic 4473, ATF F 3310.4). Administer firearms audits and random inventory cycle counts including complete end of month firearms inventory.
· Associates degree or equivalent plus 6 to 8 years of advanced operational retail management experience, to include at least 4 years in a leadership role.
· Knowledge of company products both technically and as it applies to customers specific needs
· Knowledge of basic retail sales practices and principles
· Skill in operating personal computer and various software packages
· Ability to communicate with all levels of employees as well as outside community.
· Ability to build a cohesive team
· Ability to effectively function as a team player
· Ability to prioritize multiple projects
· Appreciation and/or knowledge of hunting, fishing, and outdoor sports
· Ability to effectively communicate with customers and other business contacts in a courteous and professional manner
· Must be a solutions-oriented individual who possesses the ability to handle complex customer issues in a diplomatic manner
· Must be a Customer Service oriented team player and have the ability to pay close attention to detail
· Strong Verbal & Written communication skills
· Must be able to work the following: at least 3 out of 4 weekends a month; any day, including holidays; opening and closing shifts.
Cabela's is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive work place that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives. Cabela's shows commitment to the men and women who have served in the United States Armed Forces by providing meaningful, challenging career opportunities where military skills and experience may be applied.
Cabelas offers a competitive benefits package to include: 401k, vacation, profit sharing, health and dental coverage for you and your family, relocation assistance, and employee discounts.
Apply Online: www.cabelas.jobs
Applying for a posted position does not guarantee an interview. The Internal Transfer Policy applies.
|Date Posted||September 26, 2017|
|Date Closes||October 26, 2017|
|Located In||Gainesville, VA|