Become a part of the Worlds Foremost Outfitter team! At Cabelas we passionately serve people who enjoy the outdoor lifestyle by delivering innovation, quality and value in our products and service. Live...Dream... Work the Adventure!
Cabela's has an opening for General Manager II, for our retail store in Hammond, IN Noteworthy candidates will have vast knowledge and experience in a high volume Retail environment, and will have a passion for outdoor sports
This positions duties include:
- Responsible for the smooth, efficient, and profitable operation of the retail store while protecting company assets.
- Responsible for directing the store and the Senior Retail Management staff, through which the following will be monitored and evaluated: sales levels, special events, inventory levels, floor merchandising, operations, payroll, budgets, sales forecasting, maintenance, security and capital.
- Analyzes reports, attends management and area meetings to ensure store objectives are met.
- Trains and assists staff on the strategy and execution of store priorities and objectives.
- Supervises daily activities of store personnel by assigning work and checking the accuracy of work completed.
- Troubleshoots and solves daily issues and problems.
- Provides assistance to customers by locating and explaining merchandise, answering questions, and resolving common problems.
- Completes performance appraisals and assists with interviewing, selection, training, staffing, promotions, coaching, and discipline of employees as needed.
- Prepares store for daily opening and closing.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management
This position requires:
- This position requires Bachelors degree or equivalent plus seven years of high volume, advanced retail management knowledge including Operational, Front End, Back End and Sales Supervisory experience.
- Must have experience with managing multiple department heads and supervisors.
- Knowledge of advanced retail sales practices and principles, which include the following: personnel scheduling, payroll, budgeting, sales forecasting, legal compliance, inventory control, warehouse, operations, etc.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees, customers and other business contacts, as well as the outside community, in a courteous and professional manner.
- Must be a Customer Service oriented team player and have the ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to build a cohesive team by utilizing proven motivational, coaching and mentoring techniques.
- Ability to prioritize, delegate and accomplish multiple projects.
- Knowledge of company products both technically and as it applies to customers specific needs.
- Skill in operating personal computer and various software packages.
- Passion for hunting, fishing, camping and outdoor sports.
- Must be able to work the following: at least 3 out of 4 weekends a month; any day, including holidays; opening and closing shifts.
Cabelas offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including, generous product discounts, 401K savings plan, and Health and Dental coverage for you and your family.
Cabela's is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive work place that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives. Cabela's shows commitment to the men and women who have served in the United States Armed Forces by providing meaningful, challenging career opportunities where military skills and experience may be applied.
Applying for a posted position does not guarantee an interview. The Internal Transfer Policy applies.