It's In Our Nature!
Cabelas the Worlds Foremost Outfitter of Hunting, Fishing, and Outdoor gear has an opening for a Learning & Development Manager within our Learning & Development department at the corporate office located in Sidney, NE.
We have recently realigned our L&D Department and have a new position that will partner directly with our VP of Customer Experience as well as VP of US Retail.
The primary purpose of the Learning & Development Manager is to develop strategic and operational plans to achieve results and ensure alignment with company goals and objectives, through employee training and development initiatives. Is accountable for the creation and execution of plans to deliver strategic training curriculum, and training and development efforts including, but not limited to, the design and development of business processes, systems, technical training and learning components to support Cabela's development needs. Is involved in developing strategic rollout plans and oversees scheduling efforts for related training. Has knowledge and experience in instructional systems design (ISD) and adult learning methodologies to support and manage course development.
Education & Experience:
- Sets the strategic direction for training initiatives within area of responsibility to ensure the continuous improvement of the learning and development programs.
- Guides and provides direction and motivation to the learning and development staff, including Learning & Development Specialists and Instructional Designers, so the team can perform effectively. Provides feedback, coaching, training and support, tracks the progress of each employee's activities and effectiveness, and holds them accountable for quality and deadlines.
- Collaborates with business and project owners, analyzes and creates layered, strategic rollout plans; analyzes and determines training needs and oversees the development, management and execution of customized training programs that apply the instructional design methodology (A.D.D.I.E.) and adult learning theories, and/or identifies appropriate off-the-shelf or vendor training programs that will enhance both technical and core competencies across the business unit.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of learning and development solutions and programs, measures the business impact and return on investment, recommends and leads implementation of improvements.
- Provides guidance and strategic oversight in the development of customized training programs and the delivery, testing and pilot of course materials.
- Provides guidance and strategic oversight in the development of documentation written for descriptive, reference, informational and instructional purposes.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 6-8+ years of experience
- Corporate University development background preferred
- Certified Performance Technologist preferred
- Experience in instructional design using ADDIE required
- Experience in facilitation preferred
Cabela's is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive work place that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives.
Cabela's shows commitment to the men and women who have served in the United States Armed Forces by providing meaningful, challenging career opportunities where military skills and experience may be applied.
Cabelas offers a competitive benefits package to include: 401k, vacation, profit sharing, health and dental coverage for you and your family, relocation assistance, and employee discounts.