Retail Manager In Training (General Manager)
Cabela's East Hartford, CT
Become a part of the Worlds Foremost Outfitter team! At Cabelas we passionately serve people who enjoy the outdoor lifestyle by delivering innovation, quality and value in our products and service. Live...Dream... Work the Adventure! It's In Your Nature! Cabela's has an opening for our Retail Manager In Training at various retail stores.
The Cabela's Manager in Training position is not an entry level training program. Manager in Training Candidates must have vast knowledge and extensive experience in a high volume Retail environment in a management capacity, a passion for customer service, and be willing to grow, promote and relocate. If you are qualified and are ready to jump aboard for a challenging and rewarding career experience, then join us as we continue to provide the "Worlds Foremost Outfitter" service to Fishing, Hunting and Outdoors enthusiasts around the world!
Candidate must be flexible to relocate to any existing or new locations.
Essential Job Functions:
- This position will work and train with and be exposed to a variety of departments to include operations, front end, back end and retail sales; and will communicate with all levels of personnel from all departments on a continuous basis.
- Supervises daily activities of store personnel.
- Assists with various aspects of customer sales
- Ensures proper display of merchandise on the sales floor by learning, teaching and assisting department managers with presentation and display of goods in a logical and attractive manner.
- Works with department managers and inventory control specialists to review min/max levels, purchase orders, and screen orders to ensure proper inventory levels.
- Monitors and evaluates sales levels.
- 4 to 6+ years advanced retail management knowledge including operational, front end, back end and sales supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of company products both technically and as it applies to customers specific needs (Required).
- Skill in operating personal computer and vaious software packages. (Required)
- Must have experience with managing multiple department heads and supervisors.Ability to build a cohesive team by utilizing proven motivational, coaching and mentoring techniques.
- Must be able to work the following: at least 3 out of 4 weekends a month; any day, including holidays; opening and closing shifts.
- Direct reports Sr. Operations Manager, Human Resources Manager, Asset Protection Manager, Sr. Hardlines Manager , Sr. Softlines Manager, ATF Admin Retail Admin Assistant
- Must be able to read documents, printouts, reports, computer screens and other written communication.
- Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with customers and co-workers.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk to fill orders, assist customers on the sales floor, etc.
- Must be able to stock product at various racking levels, use step-stool or ladder, etc.
- Must be able to place product on/off conveyor, trucks, shelving, etc.
- Must be able to write, type and use phone system.
- Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Cabela's is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive work place that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives.
Cabela's shows commitment to the men and women who have served in the United States Armed Forces by providing meaningful, challenging career opportunities where military skills and experience may be applied.
Cabelas offers a competitive benefits package to include: 401k, vacation, profit sharing, health and dental coverage for you and your family, relocation assistance, and employee discounts.
| Date Posted
September 12, 2017
| Date Closes
October 12, 2017
| Located In
East hartford, CT
| SOC Category