Become a part of the Worlds Foremost Outfitter team! At Cabelas we passionately serve people who enjoy the outdoor lifestyle by delivering innovation, quality and value in our products and service. Live...Dream... Work the Adventure! It's In Your Nature! Cabela's has an opening for a Senior Operations Manager at our Greenville, SC retail store.
The primary purpose of the Senior Operations position is to manage and oversee all operational aspects of the stores business in support of hardlines and softlines departmental sales. The primary role is to ensure all product enters the building accurately, is distributed throughout the building according to current need in a timely fashion, and is accurately processed out of the building all within the confines of the labor budget goals.
Essential Job Functions:
· Manage stores payroll and ensure that weekly goal, according to P&L, is met but not exceeded. Forecast weekly labor percentage in LM (Labor Management) 4 weeks out. Determine sales goal based on EDW (Enterprise Data Warehouse) sales figures for last year. Monitor current week's labor usage in LM with Planned vs. Actual report and current sales in EDW. Use Forecast Payroll Tracking spreadsheet to determine daily, weekly, and monthly payroll percentages. Maintain management and administrative schedule to meet the needs of current and future business and ensure time off requests are entered and logged. Work with scheduling admin and LM to determine necessary management coverage. Manage controllable expenses and ensure that monthly budgets are not exceeded. Monitor and sign invoices.
· Through each department manager, supervises daily activities of all sales support teams: customer service, shipping/receiving, maintenance, and food service. Troubleshoots and solves daily issues and problems. Ensure Deli is practicing safe food handling process in compliance with regulations and all policies and procedures. Ensure backroom productivity and find opportunity areas that will raise overall productivity. Monitor Retail Store Operations Metrics report, Backroom productivity report, and Retail Optimization report. Supervises maintenance and cleanliness of building and grounds.
· Ensure that specific departments and areas are Sarbox compliant. Ensure you are legally able to purchase and possess firearms to ensure compliance of a firearms sales department. Monitor Sarbox controls are being met according to Cabelas Policy and Procedure. Perform monthly audits for Club Instant Issuance, Deli compliance, Inventory measures, Club access, etc.
· Assists with customer sales. Provides assistance to customers by locating and explaining merchandise, answering questions, and resolving common problems. Assists retail department managers with supervising daily activities of retail personnel by assigning work and checking work for accuracy.
· Purchasing and ordering of items that are necessary to proper business functioning. Request and supply supporting documentation to corporate for purchase orders.
· Communicates with managers and other divisions as needed regarding questions and concerns. Prepares reports and attends management and area meetings to ensure retail objectives are met. Prepares store for daily opening and closing and during working shift will have MOD duties up to 4 hours of shift.
· Completes performance appraisals. Assists with interviewing, selection, training, staffing, promotions, coaching, and discipline of employees as needed. Ensures all areas of responsibility are compliant with Human Resources initiatives and policy and procedures as it relates to Employee Relations.
· Other Duties as Assigned by Management.
· Associate's Degree or Apprenticeship
· 6 to 8+ Years' Experience
· Associates Degree and 6 to 8 years of experience to include 4 years in a supervisor/manager role. Knowledge of company products both technically and as it applies to customers specific needs. Knowledge of basic retail sales practices and principles. Offering Legendary Customer Service involves this position having access to be able to run programs that access the customer's unencrypted credit card, to be able to retrieve unencrypted cards for handling mail in returns, CLUB Visa Cards when customer is on site and left cards at home, research transactions for lost receipts, etc.
Cabela's is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive work place that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives.
Cabela's shows commitment to the men and women who have served in the United States Armed Forces by providing meaningful, challenging career opportunities where military skills and experience may be applied.
Cabelas offers a competitive benefits package to include: 401k, vacation, profit sharing, health and dental coverage for you and your family, relocation assistance, and employee discounts.
Applying for a posted position does not guarantee an interview. The Internal Transfer Policy applies.
|Date Posted||September 12, 2017|
|Date Closes||October 12, 2017|
|Located In||Greenville, SC|