Retail Gun Library Manager
Cabela's Grand Junction, CO
Become a part of the Worlds Foremost Outfitter team! At Cabelas we passionately serve people who enjoy the outdoor lifestyle by delivering innovation, quality and value in our products and service. Live...Dream... Work the Adventure! It's In Your Nature! Cabela's has an opening for a Gun Library Manager at our Grand Junction, Colorado retail store.
The Gun Library Manager operates a business with in a business and responsibilities include, but not limited to: the daily operation of the Gun Library to include the purchase, pricing and sale of high quality new, used and antique firearms, manager P&L, lead by example, and inspire team to reach monthly sales goals in order to achieve maximum profit through buying, selling, and trading firearms.
Essential Job Functions:
- Achieve budget sales and gross margin goals for Gun Library by managing inventory, purchases and trades, establish store sales goals, executing marking plans and partnering with department managers. Ensure compliance of a firearms sales department to legally purchase and possess firearms.
- Contribute to an effective advertising plan by coordinating with Brand Marketing on content; add placement and timing while preparing stores and assessing inventory levels. Being proactive in the layout of the Library and partner with the Internet Specialist to assure Retail Gun Library Internet page is current and functions properly to achieve the highest potential in sales and margin.
- Coordinate floor coverage, development, and delivery of training to Outfitters by preparing and distribute appropriate training materials including periodic updates and onsite instruction as needed to achieve legendary customer service.
- Provide legendary customer service by answering customer questions pertaining to firearms and firearms compliance, quoting prices on trades or purchases, add on sales outside of the Gun Library, working with customers via sales floor, telephone or Internet.
- Other Duties as Assigned by Management
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2 to 4+ Years' Experience
- A knowledge of firearms acquired by either working in the firearms industry, or collecting firearms is the best type background to come from. Having a good understanding of retail and a knowledge of computers is helpful but not as important as a strong background in firearms collecting. You need to have a great work ethic in this position and the abilty to multi task. Being able to appraised and know the marketable value of antique and high quality firearm. The large variety of these guns and the span of time it takes to acquire the knowledge of them is difficult to achieve.
Cabela's is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive work place that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives.
Cabela's shows commitment to the men and women who have served in the United States Armed Forces by providing meaningful, challenging career opportunities where military skills and experience may be applied.
Cabelas offers a competitive benefits package to include: 401k, vacation, profit sharing, health and dental coverage for you and your family, relocation assistance, and employee discounts.
Apply Online: www.cabelas.jobs
Applying for a posted position does not guarantee an interview. The Internal Transfer Policy applies.
| Date Posted
August 12, 2017
| Date Closes
September 11, 2017
| Located In
Grand junction, CO
| SOC Category