Responsible for soft and hard good divisions within the store. Manages daily activities of the leads and outfitters to ensure legendary customer service by providing the necessary tools and training. Responsible for the product flow and merchandising of the soft and hard goods division to impact sales and profitability.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for conducting interviews and hiring of staff, handling personnel issues within the department, coaching, performance reviews/disciplines.
- Screening the right people during the interview process to ensure quality customer service. Addressing and altering scheduling for the departments, attendance tracking and following progressive discipline.
- Complete and report soft and hard lines updates to store senior team and regional managers to promote sales and profitability.
- Keep communication open between the retail store and corporate to the needs of the store as it relates to sales, gross profit margin, sales per square foot and inventory.
- Conduct training and mentoring of associates and leads on the sales floor on products and usage.
- Working with leads to develop and train them in all aspects of their department and adjacent departments via one-on-one sessions and Cabelas University.
- Manager on Duty
- Managing the store, answering customer service calls, driving sales through PA announcements and Club Membership referrals. Motivating the staff to engage customers by using the SLAM process. Track daily sales and Club referrals. Resolving outfitter concerns and questions by partnering with HR.
- Supervise daily floor activities of soft lines department leads and outfitters to ensure proper display of merchandise on floor.
- Delegation and prioritizing of project lists, setting deadlines and checking the progress to ensure timelines are followed/met. Performing on the spot coaching when necessary to ensure quality work and customer service.
- Assist customers in making buying decisions in order to increase customer satisfaction and increase departmental sales.
- Providing excellent customer service and utilization of SLAM techniques.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 0 to 2+ Years Sales experience (big box/high volume)
- Management experience
- Ability to multi-task
- Must be able to read documents, printouts, reports, computer screens and other written communication.
- Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with customers and co-workers.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk to fill orders, assist customers on the sales floor, etc.
- Must be able to stock product at various racking levels, use step-stool or ladder, etc.
- Must be able to place product on/off conveyor, trucks, shelving, etc.
- Must be able to write, type and use phone system.
Cabelas offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including, generous product discounts, 401K savings plan, and Health and Dental coverage for you and your family.
Cabela's is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive work place that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives. Cabela's shows commitment to the men and women who have served in the United States Armed Forces by providing meaningful, challenging career opportunities where military skills and experience may be applied.
Applying for a posted position does not guarantee an interview. The Internal Transfer Policy applies.