Become a part of the Worlds Foremost Outfitter team! At Cabelas we passionately serve people who enjoy the outdoor lifestyle by delivering innovation, quality and value in our products and service. Live...Dream... Work the Adventure! It's In Your Nature! Cabela's has an opening for an Retail Marketing Manager at our Oklahoma City retail store.
The purpose of this position is to increase customer traffic to retail store locations by managing day-to-day events and communications at retail locations and off-site events by ensuring the development and implementation of timely and cost-effective event plans, fluid retail event execution, and accurate post-event analysis reflecting positive ROI.
Essential Job Functions:
- Contribute to store profitability and increase store traffic by developing and executing retail marketing plans and key marketing eventsat the store level, allocating and partnering with key resources including outside vendors, contractors, celebrities, volunteer agencies and in-store Outfitters.
- Contribute to a positive customer shopping experience by developing, planning and executing in-store season appropriate seminars, demonstrations, classes and other educational customer needs by understanding both consumer and competitive environment and trends and seasonal activities.
- Contribute to Cabela's community outreach presence and ensure Cabela's brand and image are upheld through the community outreach efforts by the active participation with local outdoor non-profit groups, key organizations and events that represent Cabela's core customer base.
- Actively promote Cabela's through public relations by identifying key media contacts in the store trade area; develop and foster these relationships to leverage local PR efforts and maximize media exposure for on-site and off-site events; actively function as the PR liaison for the retail store location.
- Manages the promotional budget including month end reconciliation and forecasting and contribute to the ROI analysis for each major store event executed.
- Other Duties as Assigne by Management.
- Bachelors Degree
- 2 to 4+ Years' Experience
- This position requires a sound understanding of budgeting, planning, advertising, promotions, community relations, public relations, donations and sponsorships. Must be able to develop and manage teams to accomplish marketing and communication goals in a fast-paced work environment, and adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Ability to communicate with others in a manner that ensures clear and mutual understanding of information.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Sound judgment, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Highly organized with a keen ability to manage competing priorities.
- Event management experience.
- Effective team player and leader.
Cabela's is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive work place that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives.
Cabela's shows commitment to the men and women who have served in the United States Armed Forces by providing meaningful, challenging career opportunities where military skills and experience may be applied.
Cabelas offers a competitive benefits package to include: 401k, vacation, profit sharing, health and dental coverage for you and your family, relocation assistance, and employee discounts.