Frankel Zacharia, LLC, is seeking a Full-Time Payroll Specialist to join our dynamic and growing firm in our client services department. Frankel Zacharia is intent on providing a collaborative atmosphere of expertise and knowledge-sharing, striving to offer employees a professional environment of excellence. We also value life outside the firm – and will support you in finding your right life/work balance. If you desire a career in public accounting with a team of professionals who value innovation, intelligence and integrity – we want to meet you!
The Payroll Specialist will work closely with clients to perform all payroll services and compliance functions. The primary responsibilities of this position includes processing clients’ recurring payroll functions including initiating payroll checks for automatic deposit, initiating and submission of related payroll taxes, retirement benefits, etc. to the taxing and administration authorities, and preparation/review of quarterly and annual payroll tax returns. Other responsibilities will include preparation/review of 1099’s, sales tax, and personal property tax returns. This position works in our office, and occasionally travels to client offices throughout the Omaha area. Candidates must have excellent software skills, including QuickBooks/QuickBooks Online & Sage experience, and must also have a high adaptability for other accounting software packages (ACS, Businessworks, etc.).
Requirements for this position:
- 3-5 years payroll experience with experience as payroll specialist or payroll manager
- HS diploma or equivalent
- Understanding of payroll best practices and accounting fundamentals
- QuickBooks certification preferred
- Exemplary customer service skills
- Superb software skills
- QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online, Sage, & Microsoft office products experience
- Preparation of quarterly/annual payroll, sales, and personal property tax returns
- Review other staff members’ work
- Outstanding organizational skills, ability to pay attention to detail
- Trustworthy and maintaining of client confidentiality
- Overtime required during peak tax compliance periods; January, April, July & October
Frankel Zacharia, LLC