Position Title: Front Office Receptionist
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Location:Village Pointe Pediatrics and Village Pointe Pediatrics
Reports to: Front Office Clinic
Date Created: July 2019
Innovation | Teamwork | Improvement | Healing | Stewardship | Advocacy
Village Pointe Pediatrics wants to build a great place to work as a team and be a clinic of choice for our patients and their families. We believe that by taking great care of our employees, our patients and families will receive the same great care in return.
Position Summary: Full time position that will rotate between our two clinics, one located at 180 and Burke and the other at 50th and Underwood. The Front Office Receptionist will be the first point of contact for patients coming in to the clinic. This position will greet patients and families to welcome them into our office. The Front Office Receptionist will also manage documents to ensure all processes are being followed.
- Greet all patients and families with a welcoming smile.
- Serves as the first point of contact for the clinic.
- Registers patients by collecting demographic and insurance information, as well as obtaining appropriate consents.
- Schedules appointments, collects co-pays.
- Receives, assesses, prioritizes, and documents incoming clinic calls.
- Accurately documents and scans patient information in the Electronic Medical Record/Practice Management software.
- Maintains responsibility for cultivating a nurturing environment in the lobby.
- Assists with the overall clinic operation.
- Demonstrates work practices consistent with Village Pointe Pediatrics, PC safety, security, and infection control policies.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task and handle situations as they come about.
- Strong sense time management and organizational skills, to communicate effectively with co-workers and patients and their families
- Must be able to read, write, and comprehend the English language.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to communicate across various means including in-person, email, and telephone.
- Ability to use an EMR preferred.
Requires sitting and standing associated with normal office environment. Some bending and stretching required. Working under stress and use of telephone required. Manual dexterity required for use of computer keyboard. Contact involves dealing with sick people. Involves frequent telephone contact with patients. Work may be stressful at times with frequent interruptions.