Innovation | Teamwork | Improvement | Healing | Stewardship | Advocacy
Village Pointe and Dundee Pediatrics looks forward to adding another team member to help provide care to kids. We believe that by taking great care of our employees, our patients and families will receive the same great care in return.
Position Summary: The Registered Nurse position conducts the initial clinical assessments of patients and sets the tone for the clinic. This position demonstrates clinical excellence and pediatric nursing practices at all times. We have two Omaha locations-this position requires rotation to both clinics.
- Conducts the initial clinical assessment interview and documents relevant findings in the electronic medical record system.
- Takes responsibility for ensuring an efficient clinical flow by loading patients into exam rooms, preparing patients appropriately for the clinical encounter, carrying out physician orders, and preparing exam rooms for new patients.
- Assists clinic providers with exams, treatment, procedures, and testing as directed.
- Receives, assesses, prioritizes, documents, and facilities response to incoming clinic calls.
- Schedules tests, treatments, and inpatient admissions.
- Follow-up on labs and diagnostic test results to ensure information is relayed to providers efficiently.
- Assists with overall clinic operation by maintaining par levels in exam rooms and decentralized supply areas, cleaning and preparing exam rooms in between encounters, and sterilizing instruments as necessary.
- Accurately performs basic calculations for appropriate does, safely prepares and administers prescribed medications as ordered by the healthcare provider, in accordance with organizational policy and procedure.
- Performs phlebotomy and collects other specimens for accurate lab processing and analysis.
- Assumes responsibility for personal and professional growth through participation in clinic meetings, in-service programs, and continuing education opportunities.
- Maintains compliance with established departmental and organizational policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates work practices consistent with Village Pointe Pediatrics safety, security, and infection control policies.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must love working with children and in a pediatric environment.
- Strong knowledge of pediatric nursing practices, professional standards, and demonstrate clinical excellence.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Team orientation.
- Places a high value on treating others with dignity and respect.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current, valid Nebraska nursing license.
- Certified in Basic Life Support.
- Experience with pediatric patients, preferred.
- Must be able to read, write, and comprehend the English language.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to communicate across various means including in-person, email, and telephone.
- Ability to use an EMR preferred.
- Ability stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Ability bend, stretch, twist, or reach out.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds. Moving, lifting or transferring of patients may involve lifting up to 100 pounds.
- Fine motor skills.
- Visual acuity.
Village Pointe Pediatrics is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans