Responsible for ReStore operational implementation and leading team members to achieve sales performance goals. Responsible for providing staff training, mentoring, coaching, guidance and expertise in home improvement product sales categories; floor merchandising, advertising, store sales and events to increase staff retail knowledge. Provides sustained development to expand the scope of Habitat ReStore including customer-focused sales activities and develop long-term, collaborative relationships within the community to secure donations and raise awareness of Habitat for Humanity of Omaha’s mission in the community. Duties include Operations, Staffing, Training & Development, Marketing and Financials.
- Ensure ReStore is adequately staffed and operated by Associates with knowledge, skills, abilities and leadership to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate and train staff in outstanding service to customers and consistently provide high quality donor, volunteer and customer experience.
- Implement actions to meet or exceed sales/revenue targets and donations.
- Establish and maintain relationships with potential and existing donors, including individuals, businesses, community and church groups to increase quality and quantity of merchandise donations.
- Understand and communicate to all staff the Key Performance Metrics for all ReStore operations and how they relate/contribute to positive customer experience and high-quality operations.
- Manage store annual budget with focus on expense management and sales goals.
- Ensure all personnel understand and can effectively communicate the Habitat ReStore, Habitat Omaha and HFH missions to members of the public.
- Effectively manage Habitat ReStore assets to ensure safety of employees, volunteers, customers and others.
- Drive donations, sales and profits of the ReStore to further the Habitat Omaha mission.
Public Relations, Marketing and Advertising
- Participate in the development and implementation of a Public Relations Plan to work with local organizations and media to support the goals of Habitat ReStore.
- Develop in-store marketing opportunities and events to drive sales and donations.
- Participate in developing, rolling out and measuring marketing and advertising programs to increase donations, sales and volunteer participation.
Staff & Volunteer Management
- Hire, retain, coach and lead ReStore Associates within their area of responsibility.
- Ensure staff work in accordance with relevant human resources and safety policies and take steps to ensure they are well versed so that all policies and practices are understood an adhered to.
- Develop operational and management skill sets of assistant managers and lead-customer service associates to support the goals and objectives of ReStore and Habitat Omaha.
- Evaluate, recognize and reward staff performance. Work with Habitat Omaha human resources department, when required, to address violations of policy including safety, poor job performance or misconduct in a timely and appropriate manner. Properly document incidents, and develop corrective actions. Resolve situations involving volunteers in consultation with the volunteer coordinator and manager as required.
Finance and Administration
- Implement and monitor systems for daily cash transactions and deposits.
- Provide accurate accounting records of revenues and expenses as required or requested.
- Approve employees recording of time worked.
- Approve, ensure accurate coding and submit payable invoices on a timely basis.
- Communicate questionable invoices to AP and ensure expenditures are held within acceptable limits.
- Work in conjunction with the immediate supervisor and Finance to develop annual operating budgets and recommend capital expenditures.
Reporting and Communications
- Provide reports of designated activities including but not limited to: sales, expenses, outreach activities and other areas of interest to immediate supervisor, CFO or Board, as requested.
- Information, work and safety practices are reinforced with staff and others who will be in the facility and on property.
- Keep immediate supervisor informed] appropriately and timely of operational and financial matters.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 3 years responsible leadership, directing successful teams and accountable for meeting objectives.
- Solid application of interpersonal and communications skills, internally and externally, with groups and individuals.
- Demonstrated ability in training, managing, leading and developing staff in a consistent, positive and safety conscious manner.
- Basic computer skills, including spreadsheets, word processing, presentations and email.
- A history of successfully adapting to rapidly changing conditions with unexpected shifts in priorities.
- Ability to safely lift and position up to 50lbs. Job could entail occasional bending, kneeling and reaching, often in awkward or tiring positions. Bulk of time will be spent standing, walking and otherwise assisting customers.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Customer Focus, Tracking Budget Expenses, Pricing, Vendor/Donor Relationships, Market Knowledge, Staffing, Driving Results, Strategic Planning, Management, Client Relationships, & Verbal Communication.
- Ethical leadership demonstrating consistent high standards of integrity and accountability.
- Excellent Leadership skills including: staff selection, training, coaching and developing.
- Team Building though positive and effective communications and strong interpersonal skills.
- Innovation based on sound business acumen and consideration of a range of risk and reward factors.
- Initiative represented by “a sense of urgency” energy, enthusiasm, attention to detail and follow up.
- Adaptability, a quick, sound and positive decision-maker in rapidly changing conditions, anticipating, addressing and solving problems.
- A relationship builder for cooperative, mutually beneficial and long-term relationships.
- Personal Presence, projecting a professional image in speech and demeanor in interactions with others in multiple venues and scenarios.
Equal Opportunity Policy
Habitat for Humanity of Omaha (Habitat Omaha) actively recruits, employs, trains, compensates employees regardless of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetics or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Habitat Omaha complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including workplace harassment.
At Habitat Omaha, we have a clear vision to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, and to do their best work. Our vision is to see a world where everyone has a safe, affordable place to live, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees. Our dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion is clearly reflected in the work that we do externally in the community, as well as internally with our employment practices.