Do you want to help realize our mission to transform lives and communities by expanding access to stable homeownership that families can afford in the Omaha area?
Habitat for Humanity is one of the most well-known and highly-respected nonprofits in the world. Working at Habitat for Humanity of Omaha, you’ll be part of one of the largest Habitat affiliates in the country and have the opportunity to lead our Safety Program for construction, office and retail settings.
As Safety Manager, you will be responsible for setting policy, providing training and ensuring OSHA compliance. You will set direction to provide a safe and healthful atmosphere at our construction sites, retail stores and office locations.
We know the value of a good leader and understand its importance to the team and organization as a whole. As a leader, you will be responsible for rallying all staff, subcontractors and volunteers around safe working habits and developing a “safety first” culture.
Who we want:
- Safety-Minded Consultant: Someone with a passion for safety and the ability to communicate policy in a consultative manner while also ensuring compliance with OSHA and other regulations
- Teacher/Learner: Someone who takes joy in developing new programs and teaching the impacted individuals on the policy and merits of these programs while also continuously learning new aspects of safety.
- Build on the excellent safety record that Habitat Omaha has established
- Develop and maintain a Safety Framework including policies and processes for safety audits, workers compensation claims, environmental impacts, security and training.
- Set safety policy, organize, manage and lead organization-wide Safety Plans;
- Conduct worksite safety inspections and accident investigations at all Habitat for Humanity of Omaha job sites and workplaces
- Perform fire, tornado, active shooter and other drills for all staff
- Train and coach staff and volunteers on pertinent safety procedures, equipment and operations
- Maintain OSHA and insurance carrier partnerships as well as other external partnerships
What you need:
- OSHA 30-hour Safety Certification (or ability to achieve within 120 days of hire)
- 3-5 years leading safety management programs for construction; experience with safety administration in office and retail environments, a plus;
- 1-3 years teaching and developing skills in others;
- Demonstrated knowledge of safe operating procedures for equipment and tools, required;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; comfortable with public speaking.
- A commitment to a collaborative working process, building and maintaining strong professional relationships with colleagues, volunteers, and donors.
- Respect for and willingness to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY POLICY
Habitat for Humanity of Omaha (Habitat Omaha) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Habitat Omaha complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
Habitat Omaha expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Habitat Omaha’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.