Habitat for Humanity of Omaha is hiring a Development Officer. At Habitat Omaha, we have a clear vision to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, and to do their best work. Our vision is to see a world where everyone has a safe, affordable place to live, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees. Our dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion is clearly reflected in the work that we do externally in the community, as well as internally with our employment practices.
The Development Officer (DO) reports to the Senior Development Officer and is responsible for helping to cultivate, engage, solicit and steward donors and volunteers within the Faith community. You will serve as an integral member of the development team. Responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding a portfolio of donors and prospects. Assists in the development of marketing and fundraising campaigns that will result in increased donations and volunteer engagement. Collaborates with colleagues to maximize total gift revenue through identification, gift planning, annual fund strategies and relationship building.
- Serves as the Development liaison to key constituents including faith partners and coalitions, volunteers, donors, and prospective donors to achieve successful fundraising efforts;
- Identifies, cultivates, and solicits philanthropic financial support by developing and maintaining relationships with faith partners, donors, and prospective donors;
- Engages, and cultivates volunteers to encourage support of Habitat through contributions of time, talent and treasure;
- Assists in short- and long-range strategic planning activities to create and implement fundraising goals and objectives;
- Develops and executes a fundraising plan to leverage financial resources with the faith community;
- Presents/speaks at church services, meetings, etc. throughout the year and participates in special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 3+ years of experience in development, sales, or related field;
- Knowledge and experience in non-profit fund development; including prospect research, donor cultivation and solicitation, and proposal development;
- Outstanding oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with a passion and ease in regard to public speaking;
- Self-motivated, and able to work well both independently and cooperatively; proven success working as a member of a team;
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, Access, and other fundraising database programs
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of Habitat donor information;
- Must have compassion for people of all backgrounds and a desire to end substandard housing;
- Ability to work weekends – many duties with this position are performed on weekends outside regular working hours;
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY POLICY
Habitat for Humanity of Omaha (Habitat Omaha) actively recruits, employs, trains, compensates employees regardless of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetics or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Habitat Omaha complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including workplace harassment.
Habitat For Humanity - Omaha