Habitat for Humanity of Omaha is actively seeking a Mortgage Loan Processor. At Habitat Omaha, we have a clear vision to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, and to do their best work. Our vision is to see a world where everyone has a safe, affordable place to live, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees. Our dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion is clearly reflected in the work that we do externally in the community, as well as internally with our recruiting and hiring.
The Mortgage Loan Processor/Closer is responsible for the application to post-close process of the homeownership loan program. This role works with the Program Specialist and Program Associate, preparing for pre-closing preparations and providing technical support during the loan closing. The position will build and maintain strong partnerships with program staff and third-party lenders to implement efficient processes leading to compliant, timely and successful residential mortgage closings within the homeownership program. The position will also contribute to the improvement of loan processes and staff development related to residential mortgages and the homeowner program services within the Mortgage services department. The position reports to the Mortgage Services Director.
- Leads mortgage preparation, processing, underwriting, closing, and post closing process for Habitat homeowner loans, from application to pre-closing and close with third-party lenders. Collect all necessary documentation from borrower and 3rd party sources so loan can be underwritten in a timely manner.
- Works with application data to determine the affordability of mortgage and low-interest home loan rates based on family income and Habitat Omaha housing inventory;
- Leads, maintains and updates the homeownership application process including documents that meet compliance and training of staff/volunteers in application administration;
- Serves as the primary lead in Family Services for Encompass / Ellie Mae software;
- Develops and maintains shared access tracking system within Family Services to monitor status of all items leading to mortgage closing date;
- Prepares and submits all grant submissions including FHLB (Federal Home Loan Bank of Topeka) disbursement requests, and reports required by other sponsors/lenders (City of Omaha, SHOP, HUD, etc.)
- Collaborates with other Program staff in the ongoing development of a strong financial coaching & homeownership program focused on working with low and moderate income households in the service area with the goal of providing affordable homeownership;
- Ensures all mortgage regulations and standards are met and maintains credentials, including annual certification with American Bankers Association;
- Ensure families and documentation meet Habitat’s underwriting guidelines.
- Serves as main Qualified Loan Compliance Officer with Habitat International;
- Acts as liaison between third-party lending organizations and Habitat Omaha;
- Assists in strategic affirmative housing outreach work of Family Services to ensure diverse representation of program participants and provide equal access to all Habitat Omaha programs.
- Maintains current certifications and industry knowledge through research, workshops, training and required compliance;
- Provide all supporting documentation for CEO, CFO and accounting manager for all closing costs, grant funding and loan notes;
- GED or high school diploma, required, bachelor degree in related field, preferred;
- Previous residential mortgage loan processing/closing experience required, NLMS License preferred;
- 3-5 years of program management experience in a client-facing role.
- Experience with low- moderate-income populations, preferred;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, required. Bi/multi-languages, a plus;
- Outstanding customer service skills with diverse, multi-lingual populations and organizational partners;
- MS Office suite and database experience required; including Word, Excel and Teams.
- Highly motivated and organized towards team success including organizational goals and individual professional development goals;
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality;
- High level of attention to detail required;
- Requires evening and weekend hours, as needed;
- Goal oriented and Habitat Omaha mission driven required;
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY POLICY
Habitat for Humanity of Omaha (Habitat Omaha) actively recruits, employs, trains, compensates employees regardless of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetics or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Habitat Omaha complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including workplace harassment.