The Weatherization Program Associate is a grant-funded position which coordinates and supports the Habitat Omaha Weatherization program funded through Nebraska Department of Energy. Key aspects of the position include advocating for the Weatherization program and services through project management, navigating participants in the Weatherization process, working with contractors to ensure compliance with program standards and compiling and reporting to support grant reporting requirements. The position reports to the Home Repair Manager.
- Promotes and engages in outreach efforts to showcase the Habitat for Humanity Omaha Weatherization program. Including working with community partners/referral agencies and Douglas County;
- Coordinates the intake process for program applicants, answer questions in-person and by phone to provide high level information and engagement about Weatherization program;
- Processes Weatherization projects in State of Nebraska software;
- Provides timely and accurate data entry and reporting for communication within the organization (BuilderTrend) and to measure program outcomes in order to identify success and recommend areas for improvement;
- Provides referrals and follow-up to program participants regarding community resources that can improve the household’s energy efficiency success;
- Maintains accurate documentation in both electronic and paper files to meet grant and Habitat Omaha requirements;
- Participates in program and process evaluation and analysis;
- Participates in required continuing education for required certifications and industry knowledge;
- Ensures client data is accurate and available for cross-departmental reporting.
- Actively contributes to the Home Repair team
- Meets organizational goals and individual professional development goals;
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Associate’s degree or higher or relevant work experience
- Demonstrated interest and knowledge of Weatherization or energy efficiency in residential structures. Participation in residential energy efficiency programs, a plus;
- Excellent customer service and oral and written communication skills. Bi- Multi-lingual, a plus;
- Demonstrated experience with MS Office suite, database proficiency; comfort working in different cloud based programs;
- Willing to represent Habitat for Humanity Omaha in a positive manner and ensure promotion of programs;
- Must be able to maintain high degree of confidentiality;
- Team-player able to work across departments and with diverse populations;
- Goal oriented and mission driven;
- Requires evening and weekend hours, as needed;
- High level of attention to detail, previous experience in loan origination or underwriting, a plus.
* Habitat for Humanity of Omaha uses E-Verify.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY POLICY
Habitat for Humanity of Omaha (Habitat Omaha) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees an applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Habitat Omaha complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
Habitat Omaha expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Habitat Omaha’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.