The Construction Crew Leader reports directly to the Construction Superintendent and provides leadership for house build project. This position is responsible for leading groups and individual volunteers in the construction of houses and property maintenance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain project safety in accordance with Habitat for Humanity of Omaha Safety Policy and Procedure Manual and OSHA Standards.
• Ensure volunteer compliance with the project safety plan.
• In the event of an accident, determine if it is an emergency and take the appropriate steps to ensure the safety of the individual, i.e., dial 911 if necessary and fill out an accident form in all cases.
• Teach and lead volunteer groups on a daily/weekly basis as needed
• Ensure that volunteers and family partners have a great volunteer experience.
• Provide work assignments and instruction for volunteers.
• Oversee the construction of the project in accordance with the plans, specifications, HFHO, current edition of the IRC, and accepted industry standards of practice.
• Maintain and protect all tools, equipment, and materials while on the jobsite.
• Maintain a clean worksite.
• Ensure quality work per HFHO’s Standards Manual
• Practice good stewardship with HFHO’s resources.
• Maintain assigned vehicle in good working order by coordination of service with the Construction Coordinator.
• Responsible for the maintenance and security of all assigned tools.
• Return tools to the proper storage location on a daily basis.
• Assist the Construction Superintendent in meeting the project schedule.
• Keep the Construction Superintendent informed of any conditions that negatively affect the build.
Project Organization & Administration
• Maintain good communication and harmonious relationships with other all HFHO staff, departments, and projects.
• View your HFHO email account at least once per day.
• This position has no supervisory responsibilities
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each previously stated duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability necessary to succeed as a Construction Crew Leader.
Education: A minimum of a high school degree, with some college preferred.
Experience: One year of construction experience preferred. Prefer experience with framing, dry-walling, and finish work.
Experience leading groups or individuals.
Skills: Individual must be a good communicator and have
the ability to adapt to changing work conditions. The ability to work on a team is critical. Must be able to read and interpret construction documents. Strong team leadership skills are needed. Computer literacy is necessary. A valid driver’s license and excellent driving record is essential.
The physical demands described here are representative of those met by the
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to
stand, walk and sit, use their hands to finger, handle and maneuver or feel
objects, tools or controls. They must reach with their hands and arms, climb
or balance themselves; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; must be able to talk and
The employee must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or
more. Vision requirements are that the employee must see well, either naturally or with
correction, and must have good peripheral vision. The employee must be able to
hear well either naturally or with correction.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those
an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The
employee frequently works near heavy machinery. The employee will need to adjust the work depending on the number of volunteers that arrive. There is frequent exposure to wet, hot, cold and/or humid conditions, rough terrain and a toxic environment. The employee will predominantly be working outside. The noise level in the working environment may be very loud.
|Date Posted||December 4, 2017|
|Address||1701 North 24th Street|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|Compensation||Hourly Wage, Based on Experience|
|Experience Level||Entry Level (0-2 yrs. experience)|
|Hours||40 hours per week; Tuesday through Saturday work week|
|SOC Category||47-2061.00 Construction Laborers|
This job offers the following benefits
This job is related other jobs in these career categories