Baird Holm LLP is seeking an outstanding Legal Assistant with 2+ years of legal or executive support experience to join our dynamic and diverse Legal Assistant team.
As a successful Legal Assistant at Baird Holm, you will be a resourceful problem solver that thrives in a fast-paced environment full of people with “get the job done” attitudes. You will have the opportunity to provide administrative and project support to multiple attorneys and paralegals in our renowned Employment Litigation Section, while continually advancing your technical skills and knowledge of the legal and court systems, in multiple practice areas. As a Firm, we are constantly evolving to continue to provide world-class, exceptional support to our internal and external clients, which requires a high degree of technical proficiency, attention to detail, and excellent communication skills, including legal vocabulary, grammar, and spelling. In return, we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes group health, dental and vision, paid group term life and short and long term disability, paid covered parking, PTO, profit sharing, and 401k. In addition, we offer several other benefits including a wellness program with paid access to a full onsite fitness facility,an Employee Assistance Program, casual dress Fridays, monthly Support Staff lunches, etc.
Baird Holm’s commitment to attracting, retaining, and promoting a diverse work force is not only integral to the legal work of the Firm, but also to serving the interests of a wide-ranging client base.
If you’re interested in a challenging and rewarding career opportunity, you can submit a resume, along with a cover letter, in full confidence to Laurie Pentis, Legal Assistant Supervisor, at email@example.com. **Only highly qualified candidates will be contacted for consideration. No recruiters/agencies please.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides document production services in accordance with the requirements of attorneys, paralegals and Firm and practice area procedures; experience with Microsoft Office 2010 is highly preferred.
2. Proofreads all documents produced, checking for appropriate formatting, spelling and grammatical errors, as well as ensuring that all attachments, exhibits and enclosures are intact.
3. Creates and assembles documents and materials for client and other presentations.
4. Maintains current knowledge about processes utilized in supported practice area(s).
5. Files documents electronically with the courts.
6. Performs document delivery services as requested.
7. Performs routine filing into client/matter and other files (physical or electronic), keeps files up to date at all times, and retrieves closed files when requested.
8. Manages attorney’s CLE requirements by ensuring CLE recordkeeping and reporting requirements are met. Completes CLE request forms as needed for approval. Completes CLE registration and travel arrangements as needed for out of town CLE.
9. Performs ongoing maintenance and management of attorney contacts in ContactEase (CRM), enters new contacts, assists with compiling mailing lists for distribution of communications.
10. Makes travel arrangements and manages registration and payment for attorney attendance at conferences.
11. Processes expense reimbursements.
12. Reviews and releases attorney time into Aderant for invoicing.
13. Copies, scans and faxes documents as directed.
14. Schedules use of conference rooms as requested by attorney(s). Orders meals, assists with set up, clean up and organization for client and firm meetings as requested by attorneys.
15. Communicates with clients of Firm and others as requested or in attorney’s absence.
16. Acts as administrative liaison to other firm departments on behalf of assigned attorneys (i.e. maintaining survey info, CLE information, list of clients and concepts, client billing information, etc.)
17. Assists other legal assistants in document production and other work as requested.
18. Performs other duties and special projects as requested.
|Date Posted||October 24, 2018|
|Date Closes||November 23, 2018|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|Hours||37.5 hours per week|
|SOC Category||23-2011.00 Paralegals and Legal Assistants|
This job offers the following benefits
This job requires the following skills
This job is related other jobs in these career categories
Course(s) relevant to the skills listed for this position