This position will assist in the coordination and assessment of Compliance activities. Supports the coordination and preparation of compliance reporting, policy formulation, and other documents as required relating to Compliance functions. This position will assist with implementation of Compliance training initiatives. This position will be required to perform legislative and policy research related to Compliance activities. This position will work closely with and under the Privacy and Compliance Manager, the Compliance Team, and other department managers to make sure that all departments remain compliant.
This position is accountable for assisting with privacy and security compliance and breach reduction initiatives; helping to influence the direction and outcomes of Signature privacy and security audits; assisting with risk assessments as needed; assisting with policy and procedure processes development; assisting with support activities for various Corporate Compliance committees; aiding analysis and process improvement initiatives in the formation of efficiencies throughout the department and organization; and co-authoring compliance communications.
This position reports to the Privacy and Compliance Manager.
This position is responsible for the following duties:
- Assist with the day to day activities in Signature’s Compliance Program?Plan and Corporate Calendar providing regular review to ensure consistency with policies and procedures and formal updating on an annual basis.
- Assist with training activities to include auditing training completion by Associates and report findings to Privacy and Compliance Manager; LMS maintenance as needed.
- Assist with privacy and security control practices at the Signature Performance. Participate in the formulation of breach mitigation activities and process development to ensure compliance with all regulatory and contractual requirements. Assist with the administration of the disclosure notification process and conduct related analysis as necessary. Assist with the development and implementation of education initiatives.
- Research and analyze various compliance related matters as needed.
- Assist with external audits (for NIST, CMMC/FedRamp/CSF, HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules, etc).
- Assist with internal audits for compliance auditing requirements in accordance with Corporate Compliance Monitoring and Auditing policy and procedure in the Corporate Compliance Plan. Assist with risk assessments and mitigation as needed.
- Maintains collaborative team relationships with peers and colleagues in order to effectively contribute to the working group’s achievement of goals, and to help foster a positive work environment.
- Assist with activities related to the preparation and operation of various Compliance related committees.
- Monitor Signature Performance’s Compliance Ethics Hotline and firstname.lastname@example.org email ticketing system.
- Support the Privacy and Compliance Manager in the investigation of potential violations and share results in accordance with compliance policies.
- Work closely with department managers to review all departmental policies for compliance issues. Assist with the maintenance of a centralized policy repository.
- Performs other similar and related duties as required or directed.
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree, preferred
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to work at various levels across company
- Ability to self-direct and prioritize work
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills and high degree of integrity and confidentiality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 2+ years or more of experience assisting with corporate compliance activities such as policy formulation, internal monitoring or auditing, and training and associate communication.
- Advanced computer database and Microsoft Office software skills
- Knowledge of state and federal laws applicable to healthcare administrative services industry
The incumbent must be able to effectively operate the current computer system, telephone system, and other office machines such as copier and fax machines.
The incumbent must be able to finger, grasp, feel, see, sit, hear, and speak. This position is sedentary in nature with minimal lifting requirements.
The incumbent works in an office environment that is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions such as heat, cold, or extreme noise. Routine periods of being on the phone utilizing a headset, sitting and data keying are required.
Remote Eligibility: This position is Ad-hoc remote eligible. Eligibility is determined by Management or Human Resources.