Come work at one of Omaha's BEST PLACES TO WORK
Software Performance Engineer
As a Software Performance Engineer, you will work in a highly collaborative environment across both engineering and business teams, creating test strategies, test plans and executing performance and load testing activities for large-scale, mission-critical applications. You will be responsible for collecting and analyzing test results data, describing the application's performance characteristics/trends while participating in the constant improvement of our Performance Test Automation practices.
Essential Job Functions include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Effectively use the chosen development tools to write new API modules for existing products, APIs for new products, design and develop routines, create and modify files, contribute to project plans, perform product maintenance, and assist in providing solutions to problems as required
- Design and develop automated performance, stability, scalability, reliability, and load tests
- Independently test the performance and capacity of products in development, which involves reviewing and analyzing system requirements and business needs
- Create a test plan based on system-level and including assessment of performance, capacity objectives and document issue/defect using JIRA issue management software.
- Architect and develop your own tools to facilitate and enhance Performance Testing
- Monitor systems under test, measure and record key performance indicators, analyze and interpret results.
- Participate in root cause analysis and complex system performance investigations
- Drive performance/load test operations towards a CI pipeline model to support continuous performance improvements.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- 2-3 years professional experience working with system performance and optimization
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with diverse internal and external stakeholder groups and individuals.
- Strong SQL query skills required
- Strong understanding of databases
- Experience with LoadRunner and JMeter
- An understanding of how to identify shortfalls in hardware resources (CPU, disk IO, memory, and network)
- Strong background implementing and/or using industry standard performance testing and automation tools (Open Source Grinder, LoadRunner, HP Performance Center, JMeter, etc)
- Must understand how systems perform and tools for performance.
- Able to collect, research, and understand diverse information, and translate it into clear and concise written requirements.
- Able to plan, prioritize, and balance the need for direction with self-motivated efforts.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven working experience with performance, scalability, and reliability testing methodologies of distributed systems.
- Minimum of 3+ years of engineering/QA experience
- Proficiency with scripting
- Ability to maintain/enhance automation tests
- Experience with testing RESTful APIs and web UI
- Experience working with defect tracking (JIRA) systems
- Solid understanding of software product life cycle and release processes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to collaborate and work well in a cross-functional environment
- Attention to detail and ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Proficiency in using MS Office (Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Access) software applications
- Proficiency in using various Web-based and other research sources and tools
- Knowledge of claims adjudication and payment
- Proficiency in TriZetto Facets®
General Areas of Accountability:
Must conduct business and personal affairs in a manner that is always a credit to the company. Must maintain a good credit rating while employed with the company.
Machines and Equipment:
The incumbent must be able to effectively operate the current computer system, telephone system, and other office machines such as copier and fax machines.
The incumbent must be able to finger, grasp, feel, see, sit, hear, and speak. This position is sedentary in nature with minimal lifting requirements.
The incumbent works in an office environment that is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions such as heat, cold, or extreme noise. Routine periods of being on the phone utilizing a headset, sitting and data keying are required.
Remote Eligibility: This position is eligible for fulltime remote work. Eligibility is determined by Management or Human Resources.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.