Come work at one of Omaha's BEST PLACES TO WORK
EDI Developer (SQL/Programmer/ Development)
We are seeking a talented, self-motivated, collaborative individual to join our growing Information Technology team.
This position will consult/analyze and deliver on more complex assignments/projects for their assigned area(s) of application development responsibility. The associate will also act as a resource and develop more complex innovative business solutions by creating new applications, modifying existing applications and providing postproduction support. The associate will deliver more complex business application software solutions following the system development life cycle process.
Organization: This position reports to the Information Development Manager.
- Collaborates with stakeholders for requirement gathering, design, and implementation of EDI transactions.
- Utilize EDI mapping tools to convert EDI specifications into maps that will produce files which integrate into current systems.
- Coordinate and troubleshoot the scheduling of EDI transactions and processes into current systems
- Provide support to resolve all EDI transaction issues and performs tests and document results.
- Prioritize and execute tasks throughout approved software development life cycle
- Coordinate and develop all EDI data mapping into SQL database.
- Provide testing and data validation of all EDI transaction interfaces.
- Investigates and resolves increasingly complex problems including providing support for production systems in a timely manner.
- Determines how existing applications, systems, databases, interfaces and/or hardware can interact to meet new and emerging enterprise initiatives.
- Analyzes, designs, codes, debugs, integrates and tests increasingly complex software application solutions for systems
- Consults and/or participates in the requirements, design and coding walkthroughs to ensure the development of quality solutions
- Creates and maintains design documentation
- Proactively identifies problems and presents/develops solutions
- Tests increasingly complex program changes thoroughly to ensure accuracy
- Prepares and/or generates test data
- Resolves technical issues through debugging, research and investigation
- Collaborate with team members and stakeholders to develop and implement process improvements and controls to the foundations work streams to standardize processes, improving quality, and reduce risk
- Support the senior leadership in business planning, analysis, and reporting in support of Signature's programmatic goals and complex aspects of projects
- Other duties as required
- 4+ years of Full Stack Development in various languages like .NET, Java, HTML,C#
- Background experience in web development in a medical payor and provider application
- Experience in EDI medical standard interfaces such as (835, 837,274, 270, 271) a plus
- Knowledge of EDI document standards (ex. X12, XML, Flat Files) required
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- Experience setting up technologies related to Database Rest API services
- Experience database structures, query design, SQL, PostgreSQL
- Experience in REST Services
- Experience Stored Procedures
- Analytical trouble shooting/complex problem solving and research skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to effectively interact and collaborate with all levels of co-workers, including assistants, staff, senior management and Trustees
- High-level interpersonal skills, team player, diplomacy, ability to negotiate and build consensus
- Sound judgment, integrity, and respect for confidentiality are absolute requirements
The incumbent must be able to effectively operate the current computer system, telephone system, and other office machines such as copier and fax machines.
The incumbent must be able to finger, grasp, feel, see, sit, hear, and speak. The incumbent for this position must also be able to lift, move and set up desk top computers.
The incumbent works in an office environment that is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions such as heat, cold, or extreme noise. Routine periods of being on the phone utilizing a headset, sitting and data keying are required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.