The purpose of Manager of Application Development is to lead the application development and support teams. This role will work closely with internal and external customers gathering requirements, designing and building applications and ultimately providing support for those applications. This position will also work closely with our internal systems, desktop support and our customers, both internal and external.
This position reports to Senior Vice President of IT & Infrastructure.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Oversees all aspects of information management and technical design of new products or solutions
* Works with internal and external customers on requirements by utilizing use-case development, design and testing of new solutions
* Leads software development team
* Creates and manages workflow processes/requirements
* Oversees agile workflow processes, reporting and analytics while ensuring that business requirements are met
* Collaborates with team members and key partners to develop and implement process improvements and controls to the foundations work streams to standardize processes, improve quality, reduce risk, and manage workflow processes to track work from beginning to end
* Evaluates current Signature Performance IT services and recommends design, implementation plans, and upgrades as needed
* Supports the senior leadership in business planning, analysis, and reporting in support of Signature's programmatic goals and inform decision making
* Provides user support and training of information services tools to new hires, existing staff and other key stakeholders
* Works with internal systems team to ensure the proper infrastructure is in place to support applications
* Works closely with project management office on all large projects, while providing project management on smaller projects and daily work
* Manages vendor relationships with information service partners
* Participates in the review of new technologies
* Defines metrics and reports on the status in regular intervals
* Participates in the hiring and development of new IT Service Associates
* Other duties as required
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's degree in information science, information management or related subject; advanced degree preferred
* 5+ years of related work experience in application development
* Experience building and working in a Agile development environment
* Proven expertise in project management
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to effectively interact and collaborate with all levels of co-workers, including assistants, staff, senior management and Trustees
* High-level interpersonal skills, team player, diplomacy, ability to negotiate and build consensus
* Sound judgment, integrity, and respect for confidentiality are absolute requirements
GENERAL AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
* Must conduct business and personal affairs in a manner that is always a credit to the company. Must maintain a good credit rating while employed with the company.
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT:
The incumbent must be able to effectively operate the current computer system, telephone system, and other office machines such as copier and fax machines.
The incumbent must be able to finger, grasp, feel, see, sit, hear, and speak. This position is sedentary in nature with minimal lifting requirements.
The incumbent works in an office environment that is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions such as heat, cold, or extreme noise. Routine periods of being on the phone utilizing a headset, sitting and data keying are required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.