Responsible for the general accounting functions including preparing journal entries, maintaining balance sheet schedules/ledgers, and account reconciliations. Successful candidate will have a thorough knowledge of accounting principles combined with solid analytical skills. This position will report to and assist the Controller with all accounting functions along with suggesting new ways to improve efficiency.
For over ten years, Inflection has sourced and analyzed billions of public records to create fair and innovative solutions to help companies make better and faster decisions about who they should hire and who they should trust.
The Company’s flagship business, GoodHire, currently provides employment screening solutions to more than 80,000 companies across the US. Launched in 2013, GoodHire has consistently led the market with our intuitive, thoughtful, and user-focused designs.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Recording bank transactions and reconciling bank statements.
- Coordinates the maintenance of general ledger accounts including recording transactions, creating/uploading journal entries, and reconciling accounts at month end.
- Fixed asset tracking and recording of depreciation and amortization.
- Assist with month end and year end close process.
- Support the annual financial audit including providing necessary documentation as needed.
- Prepares monthly/quarterly sales tax returns.
- Document business processes and develop accounting policy and procedures to maintain internal controls.
- Cross training in accounts payable and accounts receivable in order to be a back-up when needed.
- Establish partnerships between business operations, business development, engineering in order to better support organizational goals.
- Monthly and quarterly reporting and analysis as needed
- Special projects and analysis as assigned.
YOU’LL BE A FANTASTIC MATCH FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU BRING:
- You’re obsessed with accuracy and committed to delivering detailed work on time.
- You’re inspired by the prospect of joining a company mid-growth and having a substantive impact on diverse aspects of the business.
- You’re excited to be part of a team implementing a new accounting system and suggesting new ways to automate processes.
- You want to learn more about our internal affiliate systems and will provide input and analysis when possible.
- Associates Degree in Business discipline required; B.A. in Accounting preferred, or 5+ years in related field
- Experience working with accounting systems. Some QuickBooks experience is desired, as is fluency in Microsoft Excel
- Speedy 10-key skills
- Innovative, high growth products that customers love
- Competitive compensation including equity options
- Comprehensive insurance benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Track record of promoting and hiring internally
- Startup environment with big opportunities for impact
- High energy team with mix of experienced entrepreneurs, talented engineers, and successful Silicon Valley/Prairie veterans
- Learning and Development funds to enhance and learn new skills
- Diversity and Inclusion program
- 3 days off per year to volunteer
- Free lunch every day
- Casual Dress environment
- A start-up’s pantry of complimentary beverages and snacks
- Conveniently located in Omaha, NE, by L Street Marketplace, directly off the interstate
YOU BELIEVE WORK IS ABOUT MORE THAN JUST THE BOTTOM LINE
We don’t want to just be good at what we do; we want to be good for the world. We’ve met rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. We care about all stakeholders, including customers, employees, and the community.
California Resident Privacy Notice