Inflection is looking for a hard-working, go-getter to join our Information Technology Team. In this role you will be responsible for providing desktop support to technical and non-technical staff and assisting system administrators with corporate and production system support. We want to find someone with a “do-what-it-takes” attitude, who is both creative and efficient in finding solutions to everyday problems. We need you to be able to work independently, pick things up quickly, and use your expertise to ensure everyone stays up and running smoothly.
You will be responsible for all day-to-day desktop support. You will report to the Director of IT, and will be responsible for:
• Initial setup and ongoing support of Dell workstations, notebooks, and Apple laptops running OSX, Windows 10 and MS Office.
• Provide first level desktop support and troubleshooting for Inflection’s users, opening and maintaining trouble tickets, assigning to other IT staff as appropriate.
• Create and maintain end-user documentation, FAQs and desktop support portal self-service resources and websites.
• Assist our Systems Administrators with network services such as Active Directory, DNS, cloud backups, networking, and group policy management
• Administer user accounts and VPN access in our Active Directory environment, Google Apps, two-factor authentication and other Linux and Windows hosted applications
• Procure and install end-user software, hardware and peripherals
• Provide support for remote employees and support our remote offices
• Administer our voice-over-IP (VOIP) user accounts and phones
• Provide off-hours support and escalation via phone and remote access as required
• Maintain system, change management, incident response, process and network documentation.
• Produce weekly IT reports showing key performance metrics, trends and statistics
• 1-3 years experience with end user desktop support (Active Directory and/or OpenLDAP)
• 1+ year of Administration experience in mixed Windows/Mac environments
• Understanding of VPN and other remote access technologies
• Familiarity with VMware products including Fusion and Workstation or similar such as Parallels
• Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills with both software and hardware.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Must have great time management and prioritization skills.
• Thorough understanding of desktop and notebook troubleshooting, maintenance and repair.
• Ability to create concise and clear documentation understandable by end-users.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
• Experience with Active Directory, AWS is a plus
• Demonstrated experience running an organized and efficient desktop support as a leader or the sole person responsible
• A+ certification or equivalent PC and Apple hardware troubleshooting experience.
|Date Posted||June 14, 2019|
|Date Closes||July 14, 2019|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|SOC Category||15-1041.00 Computer Support Specialists|
This job offers the following benefits
This job is related other jobs in these career categories