LPN - Newton, IA Des Moines, IA
Maxim Healthcare Services Newton, IA
The Long Term Care (LTC) Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) assumes responsibility and accountability for the delivery of patient care of patients in a Long Term Care (LTC)/ Assisted Living Facility. The Long Term Care (LTC) Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) demonstrates ability to make clinical judgments in an effective and efficient manner with supervision.
- Utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care in a Long Term Care/Assisted Living Facility.
- Performs focused interview to identify specific needs.
- Assess signs and symptoms indicating physiologic and psychological changes in the patient’s condition.
- Collects, analyzes, and interprets data and information from health care members and documents actual and/or potential nursing diagnoses.
- Documents the patient’s plan of care using identified nursing diagnoses, expected patient outcomes, and selected nursing interventions.
- Identifies and prioritizes actions based upon patient care requirements.
- Monitors consistency between patient plan of care and actions of medical staff.
- Performs interventions according to identified priorities, plan of care, and the facility policies and patient outcome standard.
- Provides a safe, comfortable and therapeutic patient environment.
- Initiates and evaluates patient and/or family education.
- Revises the plan of care according to evaluation, changes in medical plan of care, and effective/ineffective nursing interventions.
- Document’s patient’s response to nursing and other interventions.
- Uses clinical judgment in evaluation activities to meet patient care needs of an assigned floor/unit including establishing priorities.
- Monitors safety and effectiveness of the environment and equipment.
- Participates in activities to facilitate good interpersonal communications with the chosen facility.
- Supports professional practice by observing the following: Uses knowledge and practices in accordance with 1) the Nurse Practice Act; 2) Standards of Nursing Practice; 3) Standards of Patient Care; 4) Joint Commission, state and local laws; 5) Patient’s Bill of Rights; and 6) Maxim Healthcare, nursing and client hospital policies.
- Other Long Term Care (LTC) Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) duties as assigned.
- Current Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) License for the state in which the nurse practices.
- Full command, verbal and written, of the English language.
- Current Health Certificate (if applicable)
- Current PPD or Chest X-Ray.
- One year prior Long Term Care (LTC) Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) experience preferred.
- Current BLS card
- Successful completion of screening tests for the clinical specialty area(s) in which the Long Term Care (LTC) Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) practices with a score of 80% or greater.
| Date Posted
September 19, 2019
| Date Closes
October 19, 2019
| Located In
| Job Type
| SOC Category
29-2061.00 Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Life Insurance
This job requires the following skills
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
This job is related other jobs in these career categories